Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marketing Attributes in C4C

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need something similar to the SAP CRM (on premise) marketing attributes to classify the accounts: each account can have more than one attribute value for the same attribute (eg.: Attribute: INDUSTRY, values: Mechanic, Automotive, Robotics. The customer can have Mechanic AND Robotics).

The custom fields cannot have multiple values. I tried to activate the CRM marketing attributes in the scope: they appear in the customer master but I cannot find how to add Attribute_SET/values. Some suggestion? in the documentation seems it could be possible.

thank you all

Roberto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Roberto,

currently the marketing attributes in C4C can only be used in a hybrid scenario with CRM onPremise. I am already trying to get marketing attributes in the standard solution without an integration to CRM onPremise as many customers ask for it. I will update the community as soon as it is confirmed.

In the meantime there are two solutions suggested by development:

1. Marketing Attributes via customer-specific fields

·

Personally I would not recommend this solution as the marketing attributes are used in reports, segmentation etc. and you would have to redefine everything for the new Z-fields.

My recommendation is to use the standard fields, so you are using standard as as soon as the marketing attributes will be maintainable in the standalone scenario.

To make this possible, you could use this second suggestion:

2. Marketing attributes in standard field, but wirhout SAP CRM integration:

• Via scoping the functionality (CRM Integration and Marketing Attributes) is activated as Inbound/Outbound Services as well as user interfaces for displaying and maintaining marketing attributes.
  • For integration you can use the existing iFlow “Business Attribute Assignment replication to SAP Cloud for Customer” (s. Screenshot) and/or the underlying A2X Inbound interface “BusinessAttributeAssignmentBultReplicateRequest”. They are optimized for the CRM Integration, but can be adapted to other web-service calls in a customer project. With that the data for marketing attributes are stored "at the right place" (standard) in C4C.

• You can now maintain the marketing attributes in C4C
  • For synchronisation back to CRM (or to 3rd party) you can again use iFlow „Business Attribute Assignment replication to SAP CRM” (s. Screenshot) and/or underlying A2X outbound interface

I haven't tried out so far. Please share your thoughts and experiences as soon as someone tried it out.

Best regards

Miriam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Miriam

thanks, this is great news.

Do you have an approx. timeline in which version the stand alone marketing attributes might come into the system? I am asking the question as I need to design currently a solution and was rather in favor of using the extension fields as it seems that this is the only way to store attributes currently (the 2nd option is more if using an integration with another system than SAP CRM).

Hence in case the marketing attribute functionality (standard) will come soon it would be great to know this not to create extension fields now "for nothing".

Best regards,

Olivier Lempert

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Miriam,

great news. My concern is about activating the CRM integration. In the help you can read:

"Scoping for integration with SAP CRM can only occur during the first implementation of SAP Cloud for Customer. Integration with SAP CRM at a later date is not supported, because serious data inconsistencies can arise if identical sales accounts and contacts exist both in SAP Cloud for Customer and in SAP CRM.

Therefore, before you implement SAP Cloud for Customer, you must decide whether integration with SAP CRM lies in scope, so that you can enable it, if desired, during your first implementation."

What's happen if I need marketing attributes in a ECC integration scenario? can I activate both integration scenarios ?

Roberto

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Dear all,

in 1505 release there are improvements regarding marketing attributes. They can now be maintained in the system, at least simple attributes and attribute sets already. Here are some screenshots:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Miriam

this is great news, thank you!

Can these marketing attributes also be used to create target groups filtering business partners based on these attributes? Is this planned as next step?

Many thanks for your response.

Best regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miriam,

in 1505 there will be also standard outbound interfaces in order to syncronize new Attribute and Attribute Set created in C4C with other SAP system ? Together with C4C outbound interface the standard integration package for pi/HCI will be enriched with corresponding new interfaces ?

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Miriam,

Thanks for the information, I also want to know if the replication of marketing attributes would be available for Integration from CRM system?

Regards,

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @Miriam Bender

It seems that mandatory check for attribute is made only if the corresponding attribute set is selected/assigned to a customer. This means that the attribute is considered mandatory only inside the corresponding attribute set.

Should be nice and useful if the following requirement could be satisfied:

You can't save a new customer if you don't assign mandatory attributes.

0 Kudos

Dear Olivier,

this is not a standard feature yet. I am actually not convinced that this will come with 1508 as the development team made clear that marketing attributes were added as it is also relevant in the sales context - classification of accounts. Therefore I am not sure if they enhance the marketing process as well.

BR Miriam

0 Kudos

Dear Francesco,

you described the functionality exactly right. The check is only executed when the attribute set is assigned to the account. To fulfil your requirement the attribute set would need to be assigned by default. I am not sure if it would make sense for every customer as you have described it. A lot of customers ask for an easy way to enter customer data without a lot of mandatory entries so that the barrier for sales people to enter new accounts is low. Maybe you could change the standard behaviour through a small enhancement in SDK.

BR Miriam

0 Kudos

Target group creation is planned on the roadmap for 1508 - subject to change!

0 Kudos

Dear Chandan,

replication of Marketing attributes from CRM onPrem to C4C is already possible.

BR Miriam

johannes_breyer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Miriam, Hi @ all

is there also a solution for migration of these marketing attributes and/or the assignment of the marketing attribute to the customer?

Thanks and BR Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Miriam,

Thanks for your response. Though I am able to see Maintain  Marketing Attribute Set and Maintain Marketing Attributes, there is no NEW button

Can you please help??

danny_lipkovski2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

do you have activated CRM OnPremise-Integration in the scoping?
I think this button will become inactive if OnPremise-integration is active because in that case the attributes have to be maintained in ONPremise.

Regards

Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did u get an answers to this? is there a way to Migrate these marketing attributes to accounts and contacts? We have about 20 attributes that we can create manually as described. But assigning these attributes/values to several hundred customer/contacts is not feasible manually.

Currently I do not see a way to migrate the attributes to account and contacts. Also the mass update functionality also does not seem to support. Please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not working for me. I removed the  configuration for integration scenario question where Do you want Marketing attributes needs to be synced from CRM

0 Kudos

Thank you Miriam,

in the meantime we have release 1602 available and I assume, the marketing attribute functionality can be used standalone without the need of the crm on premise integration.

Also, I see the marketing attributes appearing in the dataworkbench and I assume, it is possible to migrate the marketing attributes from a legacy system.

Can you confirm?

Thank you,

Raj

0 Kudos

Dear Raj, I'm not in C4C anymore.

Marco Flores (C4C) might be able to help. BR Miriam

nikhilwalsetwar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Did you find any way to achieve marketing attributes migration?

Thanks in Advance,

Nikhil W

johannes_breyer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

we migrated the marketing attribute assignment with manually created IDoc's (message type CLFMAS) in an ERP system and send them to C4C.

BR Johannes

nikhilwalsetwar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Johannes for you response.

But here my other system is legacy system, and business don't want to integrate it with any of the system as they are planning to scrap it.

So I am looking for an option through which i can migrate Marketing attribute data.

Regards,

Nikhil W

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Did you find out a way of doing a mass upload of marketing attributes?

Thanks

Regards

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just checked the IntegrationFlows.xls file in the SAP C4C download area and I don't see in the list an interface to propagate attribute and attribute set from C4C to CRM.

Confirmed double checking note 2162063 - Release 1505: HCI/PI content information for CRM integration

Thomas_Kramer
Participant
0 Kudos

In the new release 1502 you have the possibility to create own facets (register cards) and sections to store information like marketing attributes.

We use it this way.

However there is still the problem, that there is no data type / field type to store multiple values as you require.

Best regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto

were you able to find a solution for your query? I have the same issue.

Many thanks.

Regards, Olivier

0 Kudos

- have you got a good response for this one?

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately I could not receive any reasonable response. I think this is a really useful missing functionality in C4C.