Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO mobile integration with Good Dynamics

michaelwecker
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

does anyone has any infomation or experice with BO mobile integration with Good Dynamics mobile platform?

As the is no partner app at

https://community.good.com/marketplace-list.jspa?categoryFilter=10000&sort=alpha&partnerFilter=-1

I have to start to develop with SAP BO Mobile SDK Kit but missing a starting point.

Thank you for your support.

Best regards

Michael Wecker

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Regarding the SAP Mobile BI App & Good Dynamics

• Wrapping - Does not work currently, You may be able to wrap it successfully but the app has issues accessing File Database when wrapped.
  • Containerization: Works fine with GOOD SDK v1.4.4166. However, there have been issues with latest GOOD SDK.

To Start Developing with Mobile BI SDK, you should look at following Developer guide

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbo41/en/619_mobiOS_Developer_en.pdf

Regards,

Ashutosh

michaelwecker
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ashutosh,

thank you very much for your answer and the link. The starting point I need would be not so much the possibility of the SDK but more what do I have to do that the Goods Plattform will accept the BO mobile app?

Maybe you can give me a hint into that direction? Waht does containerization means in this area?

Thank you very much for your support.

Best regards

Michael Wecker

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I would like to point out the issues are specific to Goods wrapping. Mobile BI app works fine with Mocana and Citrix Xen Mobile.

I do not have info about how goods platform will accept Mobile BI App. I think the right contact would be Goods Platform Team.

You can read more on containerization on the links below.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Message was edited by: Ashutosh Rastogi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

You mention that the BI mobile app works well with Citrix Xen Mobile.

Do you have any information on how to implement for iOS?

I have downloaded the project from SMP, made modifications per the SDK doco, created an unsigned IPA for adhoc distribution, wrapped the IPA using the MDX toolkit, published to our corporate Citrix App store, and installed sucessfully on corporatcorporate ipad.

The only problem is I cannot connect to the platform. I am pretty certain my server URL is correct, but I get a MOB 60031 / HTTP -1003 Server not found error when using a FQDN url, or a MOB 60031 / HTTP -1001 server not responding error when using an IP url.

It seems that the App is not using the Xen Mobile micro VPN and is therefore not on the same network as the platform (which for me is required as the platform is internal only).

Can you give me any advice on how you got it working?

Cheers, Pat

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

I have not done it myself. However, I know from customers that they have been using Mobi wrapped in Mocana and Citrix Xen Mobile.

I think in your case, your first contact point would be Citrix team.

Regards,

Ashutosh