cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deliver quantity is more than Order quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

System is allowing to deliver more quantity than in order let me explain you with an example:

I have one order with qty 400. i have delivered qty 80 first and in second delivery i have delivered 400 qty. i,e total qty 480. As fas as my knowledge system should not allow for over delivery why this is happening. Had i missed any setting or... where i have gone wrong

Please help me out

waiting for your response

Thanks in advance

Sridhar B

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Go to SPRO -> Logisitics Execution -> Shipping -> Deliveries -> Define Item Categories for Deliveries.

Select the item category used in your delivery and change the Check Over Delivery field to 'B'.

Reward if it helped you.

Regards

Prahteb Nadarajah

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1st a primary check is to see whether the Customer is set over delivery tolerance. if you had given any % here, it will allow excesss qty.

you can check in

1. CMIR

2. Customer Master

Reward if it helped

Chandru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please get in touch with your abap er as there user exits which can be written to avoid this situation.

Let me explain you further one more situation.

First one, Your query is if for item A ord qty is 6 the system saved the delivery with 8 qty which is greater than ordered quantity. The system gives a warning doing this.

Second Situation :

Say item A ordered qty is 5, and i made a delivery for 3 and saved it. Now the open quantity on the order is only 2. (5 -3 =2). But one of our users reduced the ordered quantity to 2 despite saving a delivery with quantity 3.

so the situation is ord qty is 2 and delivered is 3 qty. which is again wrong. But while reducing the ordered quantity less than the delivered quantity the system gives a warning message telling " ORDERED QUANTITY IS LESS THAN DELIVERED QUANTITY ".

Also just imagine we made delivery for qty 5 and invoiced it.After which you reduced the delivered quantity to say 3. So delivered is 3 but invoiced is 5.

See in MV45AFZZ for the suitable user exit. Also make sure the same is written even for VA02 where changes to ordered/delivered can be done resulting in this kind of error situations, in USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE.

Hence for these kinds of practical problems we have addressed them through user exits with the help of our ABAP'ers by turning those warning messages into error messages by selecting the suitable message class.

Hope the explanation helps you. And thanks for all your patient reading.

Please reward if helpful.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

From help screen in Delivery Item Category in SPRO:

Control for checking for overdelivery

Specifies how the system reacts when, during delivery processing, you

exceed the original order quantity.

Use

For each delivery item category, you can specify whether the system

checks for overdelivery and, if so, whether you receive a warning or

error during delivery processing. If you have specified an overdeliver

limit in the sales order or in the customer-material info record, you

can use this indicator to control how the system reacts.