cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty in APO system because of putting prefix before material number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Actually I want to know why we have to put prefixes before material number in APO where as in ECC we dont have to put that prefixes.

For example:

Material is "555555555" .

When we use this material in ECC as "555555555" or "000000000555555555" it is working fine.

But when we use this material in APO as "000000000555555555" it is working and if we use this material in APO as "555555555" without any prefix it is showing material does not exist in APO.

Why this is happening?

Can we do something  so that whether we use 000000000555555555 or 555555555 in APO  ,it will work fine.

Kindly help me out.

Best Regards,

Ayaskant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this setting in APO.

SPRO - APO - Master data - Product - Specify output Format of Product Number

If its with leading zeros, this is the reason.

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

I have checked the settings in APO.Leading zeros check box is not checked.

And I want to mention one thing this issue is only for materials starting with alphabet like "A55555555"

Regards,

Ayaskant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ayaskant,

You are saying that the material number in APO is alphanumeric.

You are saying that when the alphanumeric material is entered in APO without leading zeros, the system cannot find the material.  Which transaction?

Once you display the alphanumeric material, do the leading zeros also display?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

Yes ,As you said material is alphanumeric and when the material is entered in APO without leading zeros ,the system can not find the material.

The transaction in APO is /n/sapapo/rrp3

Once I display the alphanumeric material in APO  the leading zeros also display.

Regards,

Ayaskant

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ayaskant,

There is a conversion routine assigned to the product field in transaction /SAPAPO/RRP3.

Conversion routine "CONVERSION_EXIT_PRODU_INPUT" is used.

Check the below example, if i enter leading zeroes the conversion routine is converting into input format with the same number of leading zeroes.

SAP has provided a BADI "/SAPAPO/PRODU_CONVEX" to overcome this.

Go to SE18 and do the BADI implementation, inside the method "INPUT_POST_EXIT" do the below coding,

SHIFT EV_MATNR  LEFT DELETING LEADING '0'.

I tried and it worked for me.

Regards,

TP

Answers (0)