cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"%25" is not decoded to "%"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've got a problem here and I'm sure someone else already had a similar one.

The Problem is as follows:

A ABAP Web Dynpro is called by URL looking like this:

http://<host>:<port>/sap/bc/webdynpro/.../&sap-client=<client>&sap-language=<language>&USER=<username>&PASSWORD=<password>

Before the URL is called, the password is encoded after the following list: URL Encoded Characters

The problem always occurs when the password contains (in plain text) a percent-sign  (lik "asdf%lkj"). If any other special charakter is used there is no problem (for example the password "pa§df7/" is working fine and is decoded correctly).

Can anybody explain me, why the webdynpro has such problems decodin "%25" to "%"?

And much more important : how can I fix this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Florian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why do you Transfer Password as URL Parameter? Never seen before..

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is a internal single-log-on-thin. Never senn before, too

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure that this is a webdynpro Problem? You could try it with BSP to verify this.

Do you have Access to the Password in your webdynpro application??

Former Member
0 Kudos

URL Encoding and Manipulation - Secure Programming - SAP Library

The percentage character acts as the escape indicator within an URL and therefore has to be escaped itself as "%25" in order to be used as data in a URL. For URI encoding, we recommend that you ensure you do not escape or un-escape the same string more than once, since un-escaping a string that has already been un-escaped might lead to the misinterpretation of a percentage data character as another escaped character, or the converse in the case of escaping an already-escaped string.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not totally sure that it is a webdynpro problem. Could also be a problem with the proxy-Server. But I have to investigate the problem.

Unfortunately I don't know what BSP ist....

I had also found the article above. Unofrtunately there are many many users with such passwords. If we had to change them all would take much time. And passwords are created automatically. So in this case we first had to ensure, that the percent sign isn't given anymore. Further we had to ensure that not more than one special character is given per password at all.

I don't know, if this is possible....

Also the problem only occurs until we moved the SAP-System to another server few days ago.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

BSP is Business Server Page, you can find it similar to WD Components in SE80. You can try to call a Standard BSP and see if there's same error.

But, i think the Problem is the new Server and/or changed/missing configuration. When it was working before, why should WebDynpro be the Problem!?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved the problem by change all passwords with a percent sign in it. Took less time than expected.

The thing with wrong/missing configuration is interessting but I don't had the time to investigate this in enough depth. So the change of all passwords was the more practical solution.

Thank you for your advises and hints.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Try this...Check if password contains any spaces and replace all occurences of space with 

cl_abap_char_utilities=>newline.

Thanks

KH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer. But the passwords doesn't contain any spaces. The problem only occurs with the percent sign (%).