Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking Out Sample Stock at Goods Receipt w/o doing Inspection of that Stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My requirement is as below:

Industry- Pharma. Goods Receipt is done by 3PL. For goods receipt for special materials each time a pallet is taken out for sampling.

For example out of 10 pallets , 1 pallet will go to sampling.

After activating QM Management, I need to manage this scenario within Logistics.

Ideally I am looking out to post 10 pallets in 2 line items. One pallet go to unrestricted and 9 pallets go for Inspection lot processing.

Question is How do I achieve this in standard SAP?

Is there any other way wherein I can achieve the scenario? The target is to match the stock at 3PL - goods receipt of 9 pallets to SAP - GR for 9 Pallets at the time of Goods Receipt.

Would highly appreciate your help.

Many Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pavani,

In order to get a better answer on your requirements, i have couple of questions :

1. is there an automatic interface between 3PL system and SAP ? How GR is posted in SAP, is it manually replicated or done through interface ?

2. after inspection of the pallet taken out, what will be the next step ? is the pallet destroyed or returned back to storage ?

3. in case inspected pallet is not good, will you still keep the other 9 pallets in unrestricted stock?

Please answer these few question so we have a better idea about the requirements.

Thanks,

Ayoub.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Yaa, these points needed before given any solution. Agreed with Ayoub.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thanks for your reply.

Please find below answers

1) GR is first triggered in SAP and then interfaced to 3PL. Its almost automatic

2) For the Sampling pallet, at the moment for this case I have made an assumption that 3PL is going to retain samples.

3) As the assumption is that pallet is retained hence ruling out option for destruction/blocked.

Whilst I was waiting for reply, I also suggested the option of Automating the Sample lot creation in QM and its usage decision as all the sampling decision is done by 3PL. ( With final decision to Retain samples)

I understand that if QM is activated then SAP's best practice would be to manage sampling in QM.

Please comment on my automation approach and suggest for other ways in case you have better option.

Thanks

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pavani,

Thank you for your answers. Since the interface is triggered first from SAP to 3PL system, i would suggest to use standard QM process and trigger interface from SAP each time to make the 3PL system in sync. This means that you have to negotiate with 3PL company to make the usage decision in SAP. Check if it is possible to give someone access to do that and then interface will automate the stock status update in 3PL system.

If this first solution is not possible for you, then the alternative way is to make it a 2 way interface. This is similar to what you have suggested as an "Automation" of the QM steps in SAP based on interface triggered by 3PL system. However, you need to take into consideration the following elements:

- A development will have to be initiated in the 3PL system. This may be a bit complicated if you are using a complex landscape to communicate with 3PL. There might be some legal constraint to open 3PL communications to SAP. etc...

- Existing GR interface from SAP to 3PL will need to be updated since you have to include inspection lot information etc...

- You will need to think about all possible scenarios including reversal process. Like cancellation of UD and correction of inspection results etc...

Hope this will help you decide which way you want to go.

Best Regards,

Ayoub.