cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on E-Catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Currently, we have 5 vendors for whom the E-Catalogue procurement is been supported from our SAP system. Business can access all the 5 vendors E-Catalogue website from the transactions ME51N/ME52N/ME21N/ME22N/IW31/IW32. We have maintained all the 5 Vendors Website details under the same Configuration path.

New Requirement from Business:

Our Client would like to change the current E-Catalogue procurement.

Business would like to allow the Users only to view/select those Vendors Website based on the Mill/Plant/Location they work in.

For instance, User1 should be able to view Vendor1 website as he does the procurement of Plant1.

User1 shouldn’t be able to view Vendor2 or Vendor3 Website.

User2 should be able to view Vendor2 website as he does the procurement of Plant2.

User2 shouldn’t be able to view Vendor1 or Vendor3 website and so on.

Kindly let us know if this can be achieved through any configuration settings or any other way to achieve the same.

Thanks in Advance

Surya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

You can probably use the BBP_CAT_CALL_ENRICH Badi to provide access to a certain catalog/view based on plant/location.

So the Badi can be coded to use a specific user to access the catalog based on the plant in their user attributes. This user in turn will be assigned certain privileges/access in the catalog and the catalog will be accessed in this manner. I guess something like that could work for you?

Regards,

jason

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Please let me know if you have any suggestions to implement aforesaid E-Catalog procurement process.

Thank and Regards

Surya