cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Russian Characters appears as "#" in SXMB_MONI of SAP PI, Why?

sntamilselvan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Good Day.

My scenario is ECC 6.0 -->PI 7.31 <--> SRM 7.0, where ECC to PI has no sender adapter or channel configured as it is transferring IDoc's whereas PI 7.31 to SRM 7.0 connected via XI adapter.

The issue i am facing here is Russian characters sent from IDoc is not seen as Russian Characters in PI and SRM System whereas it is appearing as "###"..Why can't we see them as russian characters in SAP PI and SRM System..if can, how ?

i have checked below things,

1) In PI, Coming in and going out (Technical Routing) message shows as "######" instead of Russian Characters,the same case in SRM system.

2) In PI We have XML Declaration as encoding=UTF-8 and XI adapter connecting SRM system configured as logon language as English.

3) My ECC system is non-unicode

4) i also understand that "#" is UTF-8 Unicode character..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sntamilselvan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Shaikh. Sorry for the late reply.

Based on the golden rules in the oss note. Issue solved. Doubts cleared - PI can successfully parse russian characters in its standard UTF-8 Encoding without changing RFC logon language to russian "RU". But, here we did log on language change "RU" in ECC and sent the PO, it was successfully displayed at Portal.

This issue happened because at User end they logged in "EN" and done copy+paste of russian characters and sent the PO.So, it was appearing as "#" for all russian characters in SAP PI when encoding it.Also, "#" indicates unknown character error.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As suggested in the following link by Stefan:

>>Try putting the logon language russian into the RFC destination (SM59) which is tied to your IDoc Sender channel and check

Also check the following for info:

Regards,

Azhar

sntamilselvan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shaikh,

Thanks for the reply..

1) By changing the RFC logon language to Russian --> are you sure it will not impact other fields  which are coming in English and that will not fail in PI telling"Parse application error" ?

2) my receiver is SRM system with XI adapter--> how i will pass the russian characters via XI adapter to SRM, once it is received it in PI ?

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tamil,

As suggest in the abv thread, kindly check the OSS Note#  745030 for possible work around to handle this.

Regards,

Azhar