cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to process delivery due to wrong confirmed quantity in schedule line

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD gurus,

I am not able to process delivery for a particular order since the quantity confirmed in the schedule line of my Sales order is not matching with Order quantity & Rounded quantity as shown below

Actually in the above scenario,with 3 schedule lines, there was an over delivery in the case of 1st schedule line. Instead of 17500, we issued 17880 (an over delivery tolerance of 10% was set at the item level). The excess 380 KG was moved to the next schedule line automatically by system & confirmed it as indicated above. Now when we are trying to process schedule line 2 for a quantity of 17930, we are getting the error "No schedule lines due for delivery up to the selected date"

Please note that we have not activated any availability check at the SO level.

Kindly advice me if I can change the quantity manually or is there any other work around. Also, please advice me why the system is behaving like this??

Thanks & regards,

Jose George

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jose

Can you please revert on the Query raised by Sebastian...

Dear Sebastian:: Very nice observation Bro..

Phanikumar

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont find any issue in this system behaviour (sorry--but let me be frank)

Couple of confirmations you need to have::

1.in screen shots-- your second sch.Line system showing 380 as delivered qty

(means Only delivery created- might be not picked&PGId)--But in later screens the same schedule line  showing the delivery qty of 17,500--means there is a change in delivery qty at delivery document(Check delivery change logs)

2.when system is not permitting for remaining Qty--then what was the  delivery date mentioned at SO-sch.Line & VL01n-input screen..(in fact -we can take material Avbl.date here)

3.As suggested there was no  direct relation between Partial Deliveries field in CMR with Avbl.Check.

4.Kindly do not look  at the concept of AVC--as a snake or some thing--this was very well defined in SAP--Go through Help.Sap:-can give you more clarity..(Read Glync book before Help.SAP)

5.Once before initiate for delivery you do like below in your production:(Offcourse--no need to save)

create a sales order with 52,500 Qty and Immediately check your item-Sch.Lines--see the screen --whether system has broken this 52,500 in different Sch.Lines/not??

Update..

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phanikumar,

Thank you for all the information.

Please note that I had pasted screen shots with green & red. Green is my QA & Red is PRD. To answer your queries point by point

1. In QA system, I believe the system is behaving the way you pointed out. That 380 shown in the second schedule line as delivered but not picked. But in production 380 is getting confirmed & picked instead of 17500 which is confusing me.

2. Well this is a back order we are trying to process here. Delivery date was 05.12.2014 but we were trying to process it on 9.12,2014

3. OK

4. I am getting confused here is because we have not activated any AVC for this material. Then on what basis this extra qty which got delivered earlier & from a  different schedule line is getting updated as the confirmed qty in a different schedule line with altogether a different date

5. When I create the order for 52500, then there is only one single line with confirmed qty 52500 & date as RDD. Then we split these into 3 schdules manually keying in the date & QTY. Since we have a put an over delivery tolerance of 10% on 52500. The system allows to process excess qty, in the way you suggested I suppose in point1, till the last schedule line. In the last schedule, it checks for the tolerance criteria. But in this whole process, never did i experience a situation where the excess qty from a particular line is considered as the confirmed qty for another line.

I need to understand conceptually what is causing this deviation. Any valuable suggestions would be really helpful

I hope you undertood.

Thanks &regards,

Jose

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

The screen shot of change log shows that on 18.11.14 and 19.11.14, there were some changes like schedule line date, Ship to party , etc.. So may be due to that, your confirmed quantity for schedule line 2 would have become 380 from 17500.

thanks

jobi

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Have you got a solution for this...?

I have need an information altogether different from the subject here. Apologies for posting it here.

After seeing the screenshot of your document flow,  I was wondering, how do you have the excise invoice no. also showing there?  How did u manage to include excise doc also into the sales documents flow view? 

I have searched in many places, could not get anyone suggesting any std configuration. Are you using a std configuration or is it an enhancement, Do we have any notes..?

It will be great , if you can share

Thanks

Jobi

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jobi/Phanikumar,

I guess it is standard functionality, after EHP7 upgrade sap has provided this. As part of testing I did testing for India,  found the Excise invoice number in document flow.

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu,

Thanks for the Reply.

SO hope, we are gonna have this after the EHP7 upgrade.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Could you please provide the print screen of SO document flow and also the change log?...just to check if we can get any clues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Please find below the screen shots you wanted.

Kindly note that we have made some temporary changes in the schedule line. Anyway kindly go through the screen shots & let me know if you have any clarification

Thanks.

Regards,

Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry here is the change log screen shot

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

If I was you, I would have done these...

Check if it is ticked?

Check if:

Customer master --shipping tab-- is the partial delivery is allowed?

and I am still looking into this issue for further possibilities.

Thanks,

Sridhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Happy to know that you are exploring further possibilities

1) Complete delivery is not ticked as shown

2) And maintained 'partial delivery allowed' as shown at the customer master level.

Is this ok?

Regards,

Jose

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wonder when you don't have max partial deliveries switched on, how would you expect the delivery for the confirmed will be processed and for the unconfirmed at later stage?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Would you kindly elaborate a little more. As I was of the impression that max partial deliveries is used only to restrict the no.of partial deliveries per customer PO, allowed by the customer. I am not able to find the correlation of activating this field to quantity getting confirmed in schedule line of the SO. Moreover, as I had explained already in this thread I was able to achieve this in QA system with exact similar setting i.e. with complete delivery field unchecked as well as max partial deliveries field blank. Hence I strongly believe that this is lying at some config level which I am not able to figure out.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Jose

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Instead of 17500, we issued 17880

But your first screen shot shows 17500 only under "Delivered qty".  Where you have checked that excess quantity ?

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Kindly if you would take a closer look at my first screen shot, on top, in the 'Delivered qty' field the figure is 17880 as shown below

The order was made on a much earlier date than 19.11.2014. At that time actual qty was not clear. As per the PO from customer, required 3 dispatches of 17500 each. But the delivry was processed & the actual quantity was fixed on the day of dispatch i.e. 19.11.2014 & it turned out to be 17880. Now the excess 380 would normally get pushed to the next immediate schedule line as Delivered qty, but would not become the confirmed qty as is the issue here. Now when we try to process the 2nd schedule here, since the confirmed qty is 380 the system is not allowing to process it.

We do not want the system to confirm this extra qty as the confirmed qty.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Jose

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Still I would say, as per your first screen shot,

• the total order quantity is 52500 KG which has been splitted into three different dates, out of which,
  • on 19th Nov'14, system has delivered 17500 KG and
  • on 5th Dec'14, 380 KG has been delivered.  

This being the case, I don't find, it is an overdelivery.  You can call it as an over delivery if system has delivered 17880 KGS on 19th Nov'14

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi

Actually 5th Dec'14 is yet to be processed in the system (back order). Here physically 380 was dispatched on 19th itself. However since i had set an over delivery tolerance of 10% on the net 52500 & had created 3 schedule lines, system would allow to process till the last schedule line & only in the last schedule line it would check for the tolerance criteria. Now for the first schedule line The remaining 380 would be shown as delivered qty with the second schedule line as shown below

This is the scenario replica of Production in QA. Here I can still process for another quantity 17930 as the confirmed qty is 17500, & not 380, same as order qty as well as rounded qty. Now the excess would be 380 + 430 = 810 would be carried over to last line as shown

Now total delivered qty  is 35810. With 10% over delivery tolerance on 52500, I can do upto 21940. So 21940 +810 = 22750 would get reflected as shown below

Now the over delivery would be get reflected in the last schedule only as shown. Again I was able to process the delivery since confirmed qty =rounded qty=order qty=17500.

Now coming to the issue I am facing, I am not able to process the second line itself since the confirmed qty = 380 which is  not equal to  rounded qty & order qty as shown below

Need a way to stop this.

Regards,
jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Thank you for the quick response. Much appreciate.

Even if I enter the 5.12.14 or any later date till I hit the next delivery date still the same error occurs. Regarding the unit, we have maintained Metric Ton with conversion 1 MT = 1000 KG. This sales order is processed with KG all through out.

I am pretty sure that I am not able to process because of the automatic confirmation of the quantity = 380 kg in Confirmed Qty field. This is happening in production system. I had replicated a similar scenario in quality & it is working fine as shown below

Before processing VL01N for the 2nd schedule line:

After processing VL01N for the 2nd schedule line:

Now a total excess of 810 (380 of 1st line + 430 of 2nd line) has moved to 3rd line without affecting the 2nd dispatch.

Hence request you to provide insight on how to stop automatically confirming the excess quantity in the 'Confirmed Qty' field in the production system. This would definitely solve my problem

Thanks

Jose

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

From the schedule lines its very clear that how many quantities and date on which you can do the delivery.

So from your first screen shot. you will be able to deliver only the remaining quantity of delivery date 5.12.14 + the tolerance ( 17500 - 380 + tolerance). Dont go for the tolerance quantity. but do deliver only the remaining quantity., then there is no confusion.

This is a standard and proper system behavior.

Thanks

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joby,

Appreciate your reply.

As per your logic, the quantity that I am supposed to consider here is 17500 - 380 = 17120, which is correct in the normal standard way when the business operates as per the quantity suggested by system. However unfortunately here in our company, we are not going by the AVC. Hence we have not activated any AVC config. The actual quantity that needs to get processed on 5.12.14 is 17930 & wont be 17120. In my QA system, how this would work is, the confirmed qty = rounded qty = order qty = 17500. So when make an issue of 17930, the excess 430 + 380 from the previous process would move to the next schedule under the Delivered qty as 810.

Now coming to my issue here is, the excess 380 is being confirmed as the 'Confirmed Qty' due to which I am not able to process any quantity more than 380. So am I missing any setting in the system which would completely suppress the AVC.

I hope I am making myself clear enough to you.

Regards,

Jose

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

While you are creating the delivery, please enter the delivery date as 5.12.2014 or later to that will create the delivery as in majority of the cases this error "No Schedule lines due for the delivery up to the selected date" comes when you try to create the delivery date which is not on the confirmed date.

also check the alternate unit for 17500 units =  to how many kg's.

Thanks,

Sridhar.