cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control does not transfer to Data Provider Class with big data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using a gateway service to send data from Outlook to SAP. When I send lesser records say upto 100 records

everything works fine.

When I pass more than 100 records the control does not pass to Data provider Class .

Payload Trace is attached.

It does not look like a performance issue in the service as the POST method is not called .

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ira

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sreehari_vpillai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Singhvi,

As you said, you are not using POST operation to send the data to the OData URL. SO, I believe that you are using GET operation . OData GET is not meant for pushing data to the OData URL. You have to use POST operation for this.

Why - (http)GET operation passes the data to the OData URL, by mangling . Means, it will be constructing the URL by concatenating fields. There is limitation of URL length possible. Beyond that, it will be trimmed . So, you will lose the data some times and end up in a wrong URL also .

Sreehari

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ira,

Since its a GET operation, how exactly you have managed to send those huge number of records to GW Service as part of GET URL ?

Can you please share more details on this ?

Regards,

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin ,

I think you can ignore the GET part , it is to do with some other checks.

Basically the issue is for some reason with large data the Post method is not being called.

When I try to debug the control goes to MPC but does not reach DPC.

Thanks,

Ira

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ira,

There is no limit as such on size/amount of the data you pass as part of payload when your fire the POST operation. But its always advised to keep the payload light weight wit less number of data.

How are you firing your POST ?

Is it by implementing Create_Entity or Create_Deep_Entity Method ?

Are you operating POST in BATCH mode?

Regards,

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Ashwin

I am using  the create entity method and using batch.

It is required to pass around  200 records.

Thanks

Ira

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ira,

Are you performing POST operation on the same entity? 

I mean consider for example you have entity Employee and have A B C fields.

So here are you dealing with a scenario to push all A B C fields of multiple Employees as part of POST ?

If yes then i would suggest to implement the Create_Deep_Entity method by modelling your service accordingly ( using association & navigation ) and send all the those data inside a payload as a single operation rather than operating each POST operation in BATCH mode and hoping you will not encounter the issue which you facing now.

However the issue which you are facing is really strange and i have not encountered.

Regards,

Ashwin