Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 2.0 - Persist control state across post back to server

abhijeet_dadarkar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have personalized a transaction in 3 separate flavours (in a wizard approach), where certain important information captured in the earlier flavours are rendered in custom label controls on the final flavour. On the final flavour, I have used WebGUI labels (Personas Label control) where on Flavour load (On Create Handler), I am loading these labels with the necessary information.

However, I have noticed that there are certain times when the label information is not persisted across server post backs or when getting back from new screens such as F4 searches (or Seaches by classification etc. or entering text via line text editors).

I have anticipated and handled most of these cases but there are a few still crop up.

I was wondering if the viewstate or the control state is saved in these situations in Personas.

Cheers,

Abhijeet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189842
Participant
0 Kudos

Custom controls loosing values on a screen change is still an issue in personas 2. that was one of the pain point in our recent project. I think you know the fix(copy the values in to hidden fields on the new screen and bring them back). You have to do it for each and every button click that changes the screen. I hope SAP is watching these discussions closely and this will be fixed in Personas 3.

abhijeet_dadarkar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

Ok. Yes, I am managing that in the same manner, but anticipating every user action is impossible.

But, ok, then setting expectations is the only thing that can be done.

Thanks.

Regards,

Abhijeet

Answers (0)