cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO to SO creation Returns

0 Kudos

Hi All,

In our process we are creating a SO from a PO. The Idoc is triggered from output NEU of PO which creates a SO. The SO doc type is picked up from VOE2 by sales area, customer and vendor.

But while configuring the returns process for the same (a return PO will trigger a return SO), we are facing difficulties to select the return SO doc type as VOE2 is already maintained for the same selection for the forward sales doc type.

How can we configure the system so that it picks up the returns SO doc type from return PO output idoc.

Can anyone help.

Regards,

Supratik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Supratik,

If I am understanding your process you are following Buy -Sell Process or Inter company replenishment process. in which PO (receiving side) side Vendor becomes the delivery plant on Sales Order side (supplying side) and PO (receiving side) side Receiving plant becomes the Customer on sales order side.

I have doubt on your below point.

>>>  while configuring the returns process for the same (a return PO will trigger a return SO), we are facing difficulties to select the return SO doc type as VOE2 is already maintained for the same selection for the forward sales doc type.

To return the part to supplying side back we have to create the SO (on receiving side) and PO on supplying side. just opposite to the previous process. now this time Vendor on PO side would be the delivery plant of SO side means vendor would be different. Customer on SO side would be the the receiving plant on PO side.

I have given above screen shot for clear understanding..

I believe while maintaining VOE2 system will consider different vendor and customer and system will allow us to maintain this entry.

VOE2
VendorCustomer Sales OrgDist ChaDivOrder Type
DP2000RP100020002010OR
DP1000RP200010001010OR

Note- You no need to consider return order in this case.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Thanks for your reply. It was very helpful.

What you have proposed (instead of creating a return PO, we will create a SO), will be technically correct from stock and finance POV.

But our requirement is, we need to issue a credit memo req for the returns.

SO even if I do not configure the return process, instead if I create a SO from the Buyers side and a PO in Sellers, how will I create a credit memo req?

Regards,

Supratik

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Supratik,

We are also following the same for return process. We create the standard sales order (on PO side) to deliver the goods back to customer (SO side) and create the Return Order on SO side to receive the goods back from PO side.

0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Thanks for your reply.

I will propose this.

Thanks,

Supratik

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case you can define a message Varient in the ORDERS message for the Return PO.

Then you can either hard core the Return Order type or create a customized table with Message Varient & order type combination. Based on the message Varient you differenciate the Order type.

This coding to be written by taking the help of Abaper.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Nirmal,

Thanks for the reply.

Most of the process is configured in standard, the output triggered from PO is NEU, The idoc is of type ORDERS and the SO is of type OR.

Will there not be a process for the returns of the same flow in standard SAP without enhancing it?

Regards,

Supratik

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Have you maintained the Return document type separately in VOE2 for your customer and sale area combination?

thanks

santosh

0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

The sales doc type is determined by the combination of customer, vendor and sales area.

We have configured the same for the forward process, in which the sales doc type is maintained as OR. But with the same selection criteria, I cant maintain the same for return sales doc type.

Thanks,

Supratik

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

your are using same OR for return as well ?

could you please let us know the process you are following for this

thanks

santosh

0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for the reply.

We are creating SO from PO with the help of idoc.

In forward sales (PO triggers a normal SO)
PO Type XX1     So Type OR

VOE2 Settings
Vendor + Customer + sales area = SO type OR

In returns (return PO triggers a return SO)

PO Type XX1R     SO Type ZRO
VOE2 Settings
Vendor + Customer + Sales Area =  So type ZRO (this is what the setting should be I believe)

But as vendor, customer and sales area are same for both the forward and returns, I am not able to maintain the settings for ZRO/returns in VOE2.

Is there any standard way of doing this?

Regards,

Supratik