Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL10 and Delivery group

was_wasssu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a sales order with two items, I've added same number for delivery group in the Shipping tab so these two item should be delivered together. The second item can not be delivered because there is no stock. If i use VL10 for creating the delivery it creates the delivery with only the first item. I expect to not create the delivery and give me some error message because of the grouping. Is this the standard behavior of VL10 who ignore the delivery grouping? Or should be configured in a certain way to prevent the creation of the delivery if at least one item from the group could not be delivered?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

was_wasssu
Participant
0 Kudos

Problem solved. It was a f* custom change that was interfering with VL10. Sorry for your lost time.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

was_wasssu
Participant
0 Kudos

Checked the notes, are not for ECC.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"""The second item can not be delivered because there is no stock"""--how you came to this conclusion--tell me where you found this in system??

Whether system confirmed  same date for both the line items""lying in same delivery group"--pl let me know.

Also what was your create delivery group field tells for your item category in VOV7.

Phanikumar

was_wasssu
Participant
0 Kudos

For the second item it was confirmed against a PO (for example), there is no stock. Let's suppose by various reasons that not all the item from the group can be delivered.

There are different confirmed dates.

When i create the delivery using VL01N, it creates the delivery only with the first item and in the log i can see the Information (green) with the message VL 089 that tells me the group is incomplete (and i can save the delivery).

When I'm using VL10, it create the delivery with the first item. If i check the log a see the other messages that were in VL01N but i can not see the message regarding the incomplete group. I want to prevent the creation if the group is incomplete. It's strange because as I understood VL10 should not accept incomplete group and there is no note implemented (like 72481 for example).

Thanks!

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ideally, system should give either a warning message or error message depending upon your master data and configuration settings.

So check in

• Customer Master whether you set for Complete Delivery
  • OVM2 whether for that Shipping Point, you checked the box "Display Information"
  • OVM1 whether for VL062, you set "E"

If all the above are okay, then have a look at the following OSS notes

• Note 209421 - VL10: Messages to group of deliveries are missing
    • Note  338228 - VL10: Delivery group messages are not posted

G. Lakshmipathi

was_wasssu
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for replay but why are you talking about Complete/Full Delivery? I'm not talking about Complete Delivery, I'm talking about delivery group. I could have 10 items in the sales order and use delivery group only for 2 of them and I'm expecting VL10 to prevent creation of the delivery if one of these 2 can't be delivered.

One more thing, if i create the delivery with VL01N, in the log i see as Information the message regarding the incomplete grouping (VL089).

I'll check now the suggested notes, than you!