cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Sales Order with reference to quotation by IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

i have some question regarding Sales Order creation via IDOC w.r.t quotation.

the situation is we have created quotation in SAP, now via an incoming IDOC, we would like to create sales order , but with reference to the existing quotation.

we have used E1EDK02 - Qual = 004 ( vendor quotation)  --- to fill with quotation number, and it works! ( without position segment ),

however

as I found in the forum . People are saying, that Qual = 056 (customer quotation) should be used.

so i have the following question :

1. what is the difference between Vendor Quotation and Customer Quotation ?

2.Shall we use 004 or 056 ? since we have also tried 56, and it did NOT work

3. Is it possible to make the reference on the position level, for example, only the first position in order would be based on quotation first position, or reference to quotation but with a different quantity. Does anyone know how to set up the segment ? 

Thanks!

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The same IDoc is used for the sales orders and purchase orders, that's why you see both vendor and customer quotation as the possible reference documents. I'm guessing that since you're creating a sales order and for the customer you are a vendor then that's why it's "vendor quotation", even though it seems rather mindblowing in this context. In all honesty, if you tried and it works then who cares? People on SCN frequently have no idea what they're talking about, unfortunately, so don't take that information too seriously (even from me!). Also in SAP things are sometimes not what they seem, so hardly anything should come as a surprise. Maybe the documentation or verbiage is not even correct.

To answer the other question - well, you've already found the segment E1EDK02 and it's at header level, right? So where could the item reference possibly be? Just think logically. I'll wait.

Ding-ding-ding, it's in the segment E1EDP02 (Document Item Reference Data). I just opened WE60 and used Ctrl-F with 'reference'. Only took a second. No debugging or ABAP needed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. If objective is to create order with reference to a quote or another sales document via Idoc, this is feasible with some custom code or tweak to standard code using standard BAPI/Function modules.

2. I suppose the function modules used for Idoc creation needs to be reviewed, it can be found in debugging of Idoc what is that data being updated in the header and item segments

It would need effort from ABAP resource to debug and indentify the flow of data during Idoc creation.

From what I remember we had similar situation and have acheived this functionality with some tweaks to some of the function modules.

3. Reference at position level can be established.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yathish,

thanks!

Actually the function module or program used for booking inbound IDoc to create Sales order is standard and the message type also ORDERS.

so i dont think the problem is in function modules.

According to ur oppinion, should we use 004 or 056 for quotation reference by order creation ?

And i am not quite sure if i understand ur first point, what i am asking is what is the difference between customer quotation vs. vendor quotation, could u give an example , how these 2 quotes are used from business point of view.

Thanks