Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Attachment showing in Dev client but unavailable in Quality client

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Development Client, in Change Travel Expense Report, I can create Attachment and attach expense receipts scan copies. But when I try attaching the receipts in Quality client, the create Attachment option is not available.

I thought this will be authorization issue, but even when I use Super User authorization, it does not work.

Attaching the screen shots.

In Development Client

In Quality Client

Please suggest, what may be the reason.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vijay_srivasttava
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nabin,

Why don't you try debugging on T Code Trip and check the attachment screen.

I suppose the Create Attachment is having Invisible status. Once you debug, you can check the status in SGOSCUST. If the status is 2, that will be the reason why the Create Attachment is Invisible for you.

There are 3 status indicators in SGOSCUST table.

0- Active

1-Inactive

2- Invisible.

If you find the status in SGOSCUST table as 2, you got your.

You need to take any abaper help to change the status to 0 and the try login again. Hope you can see and attach receipts in Create---> Attachment under T Code- TRIP.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
You need to take any abaper help to change the status to 0 and the try login again. Hope you can see and attach receipts in Create---> Attachment under T Code- TRIP.

No!

The field control is derived from the authorizations of the user. Direct manipulation of the field control means levering out your authorization concept.

You should trace with ST01 as I suggested earlier to find out the root cause for the problem instead of trying to meddle with the symptoms!

EDIT: I misunderstood.

BR, Lukas

Message was edited by: Lukas Weigelt

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

I tried the option as Vijay suggested. I changed the status to 0, it was earlier 2. Now I am able to see the Create Attachment option and I am able to attach the documents and view them.

This means there is no Authorization issue. It was due to the Inactive status in the table SOGSCUST.

You can suggest me some settings in configuration to resolve this problem.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nabin,

sorry, I read Vijay's post too hastily and thought he was talking about an internal table within the frame program and not about Customizing Table SOGSCUST / T-Code SGOS.

You can suggest me some settings in configuration to resolve this problem.

I don't really get the question, SGOS is customizing/configuration (and writes to SOGSCUST). Can you elaborate? Or do you mean you need to differentiate deeper than the configuration means of the table allow it? In that case you can use the BADIs GOS_SRV_REQUEST and GOS_SRV_SELECT.

Again, sorry for misunderstanding.

Cheers, Lukas

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I took help from abaper to get into SGOS. I dont have authorization to SGOS T Code. What Vijay suggested, is all fine with me. I am able to resolve my issue.

However, I wanted to know, if there is any configuration settings where we can assign Status for Attach Document in Travel Management. Since, I don't understand, why the status is active in Development client and not in Quality Client.

Is it a Basis problem, where the status was not copied to Quality client? I need to find the root cause, to avoid this problem when we move the configuration to Production server during Go-Live.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

to properly do the configuration you do need authorization for SGOS; you can't configure it in a clean way otherwise. You should tell this the responsible person for your authorization concept so you are given the authorization. When maintaining the respective entries via SGOS, you'll be prompted for a workbench transport which can be used for transporting the changes (naturally).

The only reasons I can think of why the setting are different on your system is, that somebody uncleanly manipulated the customizing table or has customized via SGOS and then threw away the transport (even uncleaner).

Cheers, Lukas

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

vijay_srivasttava
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nabin,

The sap note: 1873544 shows that you need to execute Report-RSGOSCHECK. Once you execute this report, you can find the differences.

Cheers.

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

Oh Thats really helpful, thank you for your help.

vijay_srivasttava
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nabin,

Please refer to some OSS notes, where you can find the table differences between, Development client and Quality client.

Then you can go to the T Code- SGOS and correct the status.

I suppose, the config was not copied to your quality client.

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay I tried this option, as u suggested. You are correct.

I would like to know, if this is linked to any configuration since I found the status as 2 in Table SOGSCUST.

Instead of changing the status from table, can you suggest the SPRO route?

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nabin,

please note that it is fallacious to think you can rule out an authorization issue by assigning SAP_ALL/SAP_NEW.

Check the user on QAS and check whether he has different authorization especially in Object S_BDS_DS than the user on DEV.

Cheers, Lukas

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I  checked with the security team, and copied all authorizations available in Development client in object-S_BDS_DS to Quality client.

But the result remains same.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nabin,

assuming there is no cache-problem or the like and the new authorizations have been generated correctly:

• Are your systems DEV and QAS on the same level (Basis, SAP-HR, EA-HR; etc.)?
  • Trace authorities with ST01 whilst clicking on the GOS-Button which opens the provided actions. I'm not yet convinced that this is not an authority problem.
  • Try tracing with ANST:

Cheers, Lukas