SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the Number of Months in "Enhancement of Intervals for Monthly Calc. of Time Portions" i.e TE433 be in Decimals.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ISU Gurus ,

If this question is too basic kind apologies for the same as am an ABAP Developer pretty new to ISU and need to dive deep into Functional aspects of ISU  for my current Project , searched a lot but was not able to find any relevant content for this in SCN.

There is a requirement which need to implement a BADI for Dynamic Period Control.

So my question is table TE433 which is used for "Enhancement of Intervals for Monthly Calc. of Time Portions" has a field called MONTHSREG (

Number of Months: Standard ) ,

so my question is can this field have Decimal values ? Has anyone faced such scenario and can throw some light on the same.

As I can see in my system whole numbers are filled for this field in this table.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sijin,

Nope it cannot have decimal values.

Thanks n Regards,

Rakesh..

sapisurdg.wordpress.com

0 Kudos

Then can you tell me how to handle a situation say 45 days for which we need to give the value of MONTHSREG as 1.5 .

And

Yeah I noticed the Technical Information of the Field , it supports no Decimal.

0 Kudos

Month has to be either 1 or 2 in your case.

0 Kudos

But how will it represent 45 days .

0 Kudos

Hi Sijin,

If you read the help doc in customization for this , you would find that an example has been provided.

Now it depends on the Business how the set the lower and upper limits and how many months they consider your billing period of 45 days. Again months cannot be in decimals.

Also if the period doesn't fall in any limit then the time portion of the billing period is determined to the day and, if required, converted to the standard month (30 days) or standard year (365 days) (depending on settings for reference days). <copied>

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rakesh..

sapisurdg.wordpress.com

0 Kudos
determined to the day

I will go through documentation further on this note...