cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrated Configuration equals Single Stack?

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

If I have a dual stack PI system, but then I create the interfaces using Integrated Configuration, will I have the advantages of a single stack system? Such as the performance..

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suwandi,

will I have the advantages of a single stack system? Such as the performance..

Yes , you will get advantage of single stack system if you want  to move your system from Dual stack to Single Stack and Performance wise ICO is always preferable.

Warm Regards,

Rudra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suwandi,

My few cents, integrated configuration only needs the java PI stack to work, then if you upgrade to a single stack you won't need to do any extra change. however when the ICO object was released with PI 7.1 not all adapters/configuration utilities were available, for this reason you could use the classical configuration. Integrated configuration skips the ABAP processing the you can imagine that this improve the performance because you omit the java to ABAP http communication with the correspondence persistence. You have to remind that the single stack doesn't have ccBPM as well because the ccBPM is in the ABAP stack.

Regards.

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, ICO supports only Java based Adapter configs. Once you configure ICO, it implies you are routing that particular Interface on single stack AAE and maximize the performance.

Please refer following for further details:

Defining the Integrated Configuration - Integration Directory - SAP Library

Regards,
Azhar