cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could you please tell me how are availability groups associated to stock type, storage type , warehouse process type..??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Members,

I am an ABAP er , trying to learn about SAP EWM . I am presently working in the project of FORD EWM BTR EU team.

When I came across availability group, it gives me very interesting sentences that I am not able to understand a bit .
Could any one please explain me , what is all about..!!

How the stock types are determined based on the availability group.
When any delivery is created might be inbound or outbound , why is it referring to the A.grp of WH process type.
Similarly during the put away of any product to the final storage bin, the AG is maintained based on the A.grp of storage type of that
bin.

How it is used to make the changes in EWM to be reflected in ERP. Is it mainly used for maintaining the stock type in ERP.
I am confused a bit. Please do explain me . Thanks in Advance.

regards,

Anandakiran.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anandakiran,

I will try to explain in a very simple manner. Do not get  he things complicated by terminologies.

Let's say you have a stock in warehouse, until it is settled \ transformed to  final location\bin..etc you can to use it right? Because it's process that, when some goods has arrived in warehouse, it should go through some stages\process where somebody can not allocate it to new order\new documents.

That means, even though it is inside the warehouse, you can not use it! But all the goods are inside the warehouse, like say which is there in the final location\staging\Quality inspection..etc. Then how will system will be able to distinguish between these stocks? hence the stock type was introduced to distinguish the stock inside the warehouse by usable and not usable.

This is a old concept, existing in ECC\ERP. Now to map in EWM, they introduced availability groups.

Just, know that, there is a customizing in EWM where you map ECC and EWM stock type. Hence availability group also boils down to finding a way to distinguish the stock type. Hope I am able to explain the concept.

regards,

-Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harsha ,

Thanks a lot for the reply. Yes i can clearly now understand the concept.
When any product is in the GR area or ROD , it has to undergo various stages like deconsolidation,VAS,QM anything. You clearly explained me that in order to differentiate the product where it is in the warehouse,similarly there was a concept of stock type and now availability group has emerged for better communication of EWM to ECC/ERP.

But what about any delivery , say if any inbound or outbound delivery is created."
Why does it belong to the AG of WH process type and not the stock type AG.

Tell me about that too. i have doubt just on that . Regards.

Anandakiran.