cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Function Modul to existing Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an existing model in my WD project. The model is already bound to context and the context is used in some table UI.

Now I have added remote enable RFC in SAP and want to add this to the existing model in my project. How can I do this without effecting what I have already done in my project.

I right click the existing model and select re-import model. I provide the connection details and search for the new RFC. I select the new RFC for inclusion and hit next. Some import log screen comes up indicating that new model classes and relations are going to be imported. So far so good. But when I hit finish then nothing happens. The model classes are not added.

I followed instructions given in https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2508. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] This blog talkes about reimporting web services model which is (I believe) slightly different. I was unable to apply this for my RFC issues. I always end up with inconsistent state such that some imports in my controller implementation cannot be resolved. The binding of the model classes into the context also appears to get lost.

Is there anyone having some advise for me?

Thanks,

Lars

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189631
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

Try This,

Right Click Ur controller/Model and Give Repair.

Regards,

Ramganesan K.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Much thanks for this prompt reply,

so what I did was I deleted the model from within NWDS (without changing read-write attribute of the files as discussed in the blog). I then recreated the model adding the new RFC module (same name and package!!!). After that I right-click on my project and select repair -> project structure and classpath.

That was it!

Easy points you made with a newbe here, heee?

Thanks again,

Lars