cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFTP ADAPTER 1.0 - Algorithm negotiation fail (password authentication)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are facing the following issue when trying to connect to the SFTP Server. It's a simple outbound interface (IDOC > PI > SFTP Server)

12/08/2014 18:06:23.077InformationMP: processing local module localejbs/ModuleProcessorExitBean
12/08/2014 18:06:23.077InformationMessage entered AF MP exit bean and will be passed to the JCA adapter now.
12/08/2014 18:06:23.079InformationFilesize is 279 Bytes
12/08/2014 18:06:24.082ErrorAdapter Framework caught exception: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Algorithm negotiation fail
12/08/2014 18:06:24.082ErrorMP: exception caught with cause javax.resource.ResourceException: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Algorithm negotiation fail
12/08/2014 18:06:24.082ErrorMessage could not be forwarded to the JCA adapter. Reason: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Algorithm negotiation fail
12/08/2014 18:06:24.083ErrorDelivering the message to the application using connection SFTP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/SFTP failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: javax.resource.ResourceException: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Algorithm negotiation fail.

We are using the authentication method password.

Once connected thru Filezilla we can see the following details of the encryption...

Algorithm: Diffie-Hellman

SHA-256

My question is! What's the standard algorithm of the SFTP ADAPTER 1.0?  Can I add any parameter by module? I couldn't find any standard documentation about the SFTP ADAPTER 1.0

PS. I am able to connect by Putty from UNIX Server where the PI is installed.

Thanks,

Leandro Silva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello Leandro,

I would recommend using the latest patches for the SFTP adapter or upgrading to SP03 or SP04. There have been a number of fixes which should prevent this error from occurring.

Check the following for more details:
1) see note #2058686 Upgrade of jSch library - it is recommended to upgrade to, at least, SP03
2) also ensure that you have unlimited strength jurisdiction policy files as it is written in the following blog: B2B Adapters - Updating to JCE Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy

Regards
Mark

former_member278111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Smyth,

I have the same issue in PI 7.11 for SFTP receiver communication channel.

Delivering the message to the application using connection SFTP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/SFTP failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: javax.resource.ResourceException: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Algorithm negotiation fail.

SFTP adapter have been updated with Latest Patch SP04, but still we are getting the same error.

And we are able to connect to SFTP server through FileZilla.

Any idea how to resolve this issue?

Thanks & Regards

Anil Kumar

Answers (0)