cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebate processing depending on sales volume

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like to set up Rebate Agreement for a customer in such a way that a said percentage is paid only if the sales volume in the current month is greater than the previous month.

Also how can i set up the rule like:

1) if the sales volume is increased by 100 KL than i pay 1%

2)if the sales volume is increased by 200 kl than i pay 2%

Please help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

To achieve this in the condition type you maintain scale basis as F - Volume scale & Scale type to be G - Graduated to interval scale.

you can also try with different combination of Sacle basis & Scale type & test. It will meet your requirement.

Once you are done with customization maintain the condition record in the Rebate Agreement occordingly

Regards,

S.Nirmal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agreed that this can be achieved by using interval scales but the only issue is how to process & release rebate only in the case of increased sales volume from previous month that too without manual intervention like user does not need to compare previous months sales figure with current months sales figure as the customer base is huge.

(How this can be achieved without writing anything in user exist or any program).

anita_patil3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi;

This can be achieved through writing a routine for rebate condition type in pricing procedure and maintaining the incremental condition record. For this you have to create a report of sales analysis monthwise and customer wise.  Refer the field of report for comparison of sales figures with earlier month. Routine will decide if the condition type should populate the value or not. Routine will allow the condition type to populate if value of current month is more than last month. Rest would be done in condition record.

I hope this will solve the issue.

Regards;

Avinash

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash, Atul,

I doubt with pricing routine you can a achieve this. Rebate is always calculated on rebate basis (subtotal1 to 7) therefore no routine will work. there is a SAP note on this. Also as mentioned earlier you can achieve this by maintaining the proper condition record. While setting the condition record you should know last months sales figure and accordingly condition record can be set.

If at all you are planning to use the abap code then only exit available for this is RV60AFZZ.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards

Atulkumar Dagade

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Routines will work for any condition types. Only thing is, it should have a proper logic.

For this case, you can use Routines for Requirement in pricing.

Regards

Jobi

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jobi,

Have you tested the scenario? you can only assign the requirement routine for rebate conditions.

Thanks and Regards

Atulkumar Dagade

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

you are correct, we can assign the routines only to the condition types.

In this case, we only need to assign the routines to the respective rebate condition. So I think I was suggesting that only. And originally Avinash also was telling that only.

Thanks

Jobi

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jobi,

To clarify further:

You can only assign the requirement routine. With requirement routine you can stop populating that condition. Rebate has to be accrued for every billing document . You want to settle only when the volume is achieved. Now assume that your requirement  routine says that condition will be processed only if volume is crossed hence no accruals and therefore no settlement.

Moreover you can not use the alternate calculation type and base value calculation routine for rebate condition.

hope this illustrates the behavior.

Thanks and Regards

Atulkumar Dagade

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Atul,

Its a new knowledge that Alt Cal Type and Base Value cal type routines cant be used for Rebate conditions. I dont have any experience in this, Hope you have experienced it.

So if the requirement is not about controlling rebate accrual, but only about controlling the  rebate settlement, then there is nothing we have to do at the pricing part.

That will have to be managed at Rebate agreement/partial settlement and final settlement functions.

Could Atul Kapoor clarify it on the OP, please... Because there is already a correct answer marked for this.

Thanks

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi atul

thank you for your feedback.

So in conclusion should I go for setting up a routine for volume calculation or i can tweak settlement for payment of rebate on incremental volume growth?

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Please refer below links so that you will have the proper understanding on rebate processing in SAP.

http://www.erpgenie.com/publications/saptips/052005.pdf

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/sd/billing/blog/2012/03/29/rebate-process-configuration

How to do rebate processing - ERP Operations - SCN Wiki

Hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards

Atulkumar Dagade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Atul

Thanks for all the study material.  i have already gone through it.

But still i am not able to understand if i can use the standard rebate functionality in SAP for accruing rebate only if there is incremental growth of sale volume from the last month.

something like

If t  if the incremental volume as percentage of X month volume is in the slab of:

1. 0 – 1%: Incentive of Rs. A/KL.
  2. Above 1% to 2%:      Incentive of Rs. B/KL.
  3. Above 2% to 4%:      Incentive of Rs. C/KL.
  4. Above 4% to 20%:    Incentive of Rs. D/KL. 

Writing this logic in pricing routine is totally ruled out as apart from Requirement routine both calculation type routine and base type routine is deactivated for rebate condition type in Pricing procedure.

Kindly help.

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

as mentioned earlier can you set up the condition record based on volume. For example for customer x last month volume is 100 kl then your condition set up can be as

100 to 101 A kl

102 to 104 B/Kl and so  on.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards

Atul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Hope while setting the rebate condition the user would have the previous month figure. Using that one can set the rebate condition accordingly.

If you have large number of customers then you can write the separate program for updating the condition records.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards

Atulkumar Dagade

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Have you tried using scales in your rebate condition record ?  Check with that

Reg

Jobi