Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc structure

former_member431487
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are adding Transmission Medium 6 to an existing Output ABC. I maintained Partner profile with same message type, basic type, extension etc. as was maintained for an existing customer for a different output type XYZ. But when I generated an Idoc for ABC and compared it with Idoc for XYZ then there was a mismatch of a few segments. Idoc for Output XYZ had some extra segments compared to the idoc for output ABC. Could this be because of data mismatch (I used different master data for both Outputs) or could it be some other issue? Really appreciate any inputs on this.

Regards,

Karan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you've mentioned the extension there could be something in the user exit that works differently. To get a "clean" test make sure to test both outputs with the same exact document. If with the same data the IDocs come out differently it's 99% the user exit. I don't remember the user exit name but if you go to CMOD and search for the projects that start with Y or Z you'll probably find one that refers to IDoc extension.

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

Please check the previous IDOC, where data is coming from to IDOC, Which information passing from Source to Target system,

Note: Compare all segments data previous I DOC, where it is coming from to IDOC,then only we can easily to find why it is showing the extra Segments in IDOC level.

It is very basic questions, please search for Google also. 

Kindly revert back if any further assistance is required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

This could be due to data which may be applicable for one Idoc is not applicable for other. You need to check the logic of back-end program which populates the data in segments.

Kindly revert back if any further assistance is required.

Regards

SD