cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System copy from Dual Stack (SEM-BCS) to single stack (SEM-BCS)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an old source BCS-SEM system (SAP NW 7.1 SEM-BW 604) which is on a dual stack. As part of moving the systems to a new cloud platform we have build the target BCS-SEM system (SAP NW 7.1 SEM-BW 604) as single stacks since SAP does not provide option to install dual stacks.

The platform is Windows /SQL 2008 running on VMWare.  Is there a way I can either move the dual stack database to single stack using SQL tools or somehow build the target environment as dual stack by some copy /clone method without installing the SAP single stacks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Matt.  I want to try the attach/detach, drop java schema approach.  Since Java stack is actively used can I export the java stack only from the source dual stack and import it into the target single java stack?

Regards,

Rakesh

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have never tried that, and I would have my doubts about it. If you intend to keep your Java stack and just want to separate it from the ABAP stack, then the dual-stack split tool is the tool for you. I strongly recommend you investigate this approach.

Doing a simple database-dependent system copy of the ABAP system and dropping the Java schema is probably ok if you don't intend to keep the Java stack at all.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

On you source system you can perform the system copy export with dual stack.at the target system while importing you can select only either ABAP or JAVA system (don't select dual stack).

why you want to perform the attach / detach & drop Java schema ? ....

BR

SS

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

I haven't specifically looked into SEM, but in general you have a couple ways to go about this. The official, and fully supported, method would be to use the Dual-Stack Split tool (which is part of SWPM) to separate the ABAP and Java instances. Then you could use normal system copy methods with each instance.

Alternatively, it should be possible to simply copy the ABAP stack by itself using the database-dependent (i.e., backup/restore or attach/detach) method within SWPM, then afterwards just drop the Java schema from the database. However, if it were me, I would prefer to do the official dual-stack split first, even though it is more work.

I was just part of a similar discussion thread at .

Regards,

Matt