cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will SAPGUI 740 be fixed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When SAP announced SAPGUI 740 I thought "Well, let's do some beta testing" as one customer wanted to roll out SAPGUI with installation server. First I thought "How funny, the source code isn't shown right" but now I'm facing severe problems:

* SAPLPD doesn't work - you have to use SAPLPD 730

* SAPGUI crashes 10 times a day - no log is written, all windows just disappear

* When inserting source code, I sometimes get C error messages

It's unbelievable that this version was shipped! Does anyone know when the patch will be released? And will all bugs be adressed?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

Quite a deep question there!

SAPLPD has not been supported since 46C! So please don't use it anymore.

For frontend printing, use access method G.

This has been recommended since 7.10 gui.

Latest information is that the patch should be released today,so it remains to be seen whether the issues will be solved.

The disappearing issue has a workaround,which is to use the Enjoy or Signature theme. There was a known issue in "Blue Crystal" theme which was resolved.

Jude

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

nevzat_akkaya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Daniel Lippmann, I was having the same problem with SAPlpd, restored 7.30 SAPlpd files back and it worked. Now it's time to implement the proper, SAP suggested way of printing...

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Patch 1 has now been released!

You can download the patches from here:

http://support.sap.com/patches

Browse our Download Catalog

SAP Frontend Components

SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS

SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS 7.40 CORE

Win32

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just tried installing gui740_1-10013011.exe on my x64 Windows 7 desktop already running SAP GUI 7.40 compilation 1.  I keep getting this error!

Resolved once the file was extracted properly.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

dont know if this is the right place to ask for, but im facing a Problem with SAPGUI 7.40 Patchlevel 1. (The same Error occured on Patchlevel 0 also)

When im logged on to my system and i try to start the layout designer for Adobe Forms (Transaction SFP) SAPGUI stops working and closes all windows.

On Patchlevel 0 SAPGUI crashes without an error message, on Patchlevel 1 SAPGUI crashes with Error Message "SAP Logon for Windows stops working!" (Problemcode: BEX Buffer Overflow Exception)

Is anybody facing the same Error or is this a Problem with my Installation? If this is a Problem with my Installation can please someone explain me how to fix this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sascha

Btw: this is my first Post so im sorry if i did something wrong here! 😉

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This is usually an incomplete or corrupted download,Dan.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Sascha,

Does this depend on the GUI theme, eg "Blue Crystal".

A Bex error is usually an OS level memory management issue rather than the application itself.

Test to see if the issue occurs in the "Enjoy" or "Signature" theme first. Then run eventvwr.exe to see what the faulting application .dll is.

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jude,

no its not depending on the theme. I tried it with Corbu, Signature and Blue Crystal.

The Name of the Error Modul is: sapoimgr.ocx

Here the entry from the eventlog:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: saplogon.exe, Version: 7400.1.1.1098, Zeitstempel: 0x54878f49

Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: sapoimgr.ocx, Version: 7400.1.0.36, Zeitstempel: 0x541f6e49

Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000409

Fehleroffset: 0x000121a9

ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x5cc

Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d0196876ce1e99

Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: D:\Programme\SAP\SAPgui\saplogon.exe

Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: d:\programme\sap\sapgui\sapoimgr.ocx

Berichtskennung: d3d23731-855b-11e4-82c3-2cd05a32de5b

Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:

Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

Thanks for your help!

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Sascha,

I would first try a reinstall of the GUI and if the issue still occurs, open a message,also stating that you ran a reinstall and the issue still occurs.

Kind Regards,

Jude

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

The SAPLPD is not supposed to be used anymore.

You should use SAPSprint and SAPPDFprint if needed.

About the SAPGUI 7.40 and the bugs, to be honnest it has never been a good idea to use the SAPGUI versions delivered in patch level 0.

Unless you want to do some kind of beta testing ( which is unfortunately what you're in   ) .

I mean , as a safe guarding measure I' ve always waited for, at least, PL 1 before rolling out to the new SAPGUI.

For 7.20 & 7.30 I did the same in order to beta test and then moved back to 7.10 & 7.20 with the latest available patches.

Also with patch level 0 you often encounter lots of problem related to Microsoft office integration features ( excel inplace screens / pivot tables / ocx issues etc ... as usual i would say... ) .

Best regards,

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

its not really belongs to the thread title, but I would like to say my opinion.

Based on my experience, I agree that a first software version (PL0) should carefully be used with productive environment.

But IMOO SAP's claim should be different: SAPGUI is a central GUI of a market leader in business/enterprise software. If the GUI is published by SAP, customers can expect that it´s not an open beta software. Or is there is an official SAP statement in which SAP said software with PL0 is not to be used for productive systems?

Anyway, this should be no discussion of the principles

I hope PL1 fixed the issues and released this week.

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I totally agree. Since we have a new customer I thought that it would be a wise idea to start with 740, but I must fear this was an error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know SAPLPD is not really supported any more - but still users prefer F and not G, since it's more convenient to select printer in SAPGUI... I can live with the workaround.

After patching, I didn't have prior problems any more - let's hope I don't find new bugs.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Patch 1 is expected to be released this week.

It can be the case that it states "week 50",but this can be the end of this week, rather than the beginning of the week too.

As Imran says,

Note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1053737 gives the latest updates on all gui patches, so make sure to keep an eye on this note, as it can change at the last minute.

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

we use NWBC 5.0 together with SAPGUI 7.4 for testing in preparation for the client-rollout.

The SAPGUI 7.40 PL1 has been announced for the CW50. Could you tell me, where can I download the GUi with Patchlevel 1, if it is available? Is it provide under

1. "Marketplace: SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS 7.40 CORE -> Win32"
  2. or as a part of "Marketplace: NWBC NW BUSINESS CLIENT 5.0 -> Win32

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

The folder for SAPGUI is still empty, for NWBC there's a patch available (check the page before clicking on Win32).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply, I have also seen that. Thats the reason for my question, where the GUI patch level 1 is provided, at 7.40 Core or at NWBC 5.0 or at both places!?

We already have NWBC PL3 in (testing-) use, there is no SAPGUI 7.40 PL1 included.

I hope we will see it this week...

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The patch will be visible in the  "SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS 7.40 CORE"  -> Win32" location.

This is a separate patch from the NWBC patches.

Note 1053737 still states week 50, so I am hopeful it will be this calendar week it will be released.

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jude,

thanks for your answer.

Did I understand it correctly, that GUI patches are available only in "the core area"?

Should these patches are also used for installations of NWBC and SAPGUI (in one package) or "extra patches" are released for this package?

Marc

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Marc,

The core area will always contain Sapgui patches only,and are used only for SAPGUI.

NWBC needs the separate download files found in the NWBC download area.

Hope this clarifies a bit more.

ImranSajid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I think everyone that has downloaded and played with 7.40 has seen many issues, although I did not see some of the ones you mentioned above. I agree that it was ridiculous for them to release something in this condition without first testing it thoroughly.

Per OSS Note 1053737 the first patch is supposed to be released this week (For Windows). I certainly hope they fix a majority of the issues, but that remains to be seen.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1053737

SAP GUI for Windows Release 7.40

Outlook:

Patchlevel 1 is expected to be shipped in week 50 (8th  - 12th of December 2014)

Thanks,

Imran