cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Push Notifications failing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am attempting to get push notifications working with an SAP Fiori app. I have created the necessary App IDs and configured them for Push Notifications. I have downloaded the necessary provisioning profiles and exported the .p12 file. With everything configured, I am making the following call in my code:

var nTypes = sap.Push.notificationType.SOUNDS | sap.Push.notificationType.ALERT;        

sap.Push.registerForNotificationTypes(nTypes, sap.FioriClient.regSuccess, sap.FioriClient.regFailure, sap.FioriClient.processNotification, null);

However, what I am seeing is that the sap.Push.registerForNotificationTypes call is simply not returning. None of the 3 mentioned callbacks are being invoked. Is there some issue with this function? Am I missing any additional frameworks in the project?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member190010
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

As Kevin mentioned, SAP Fiori Client does not officially support PUSH.

However, you could do a workaround and recompile the SAP Fiori client as it is mentioned in the following post:

Take in account that this doesn't work with SMP SDK SP11.

Then, whenever you want to send a notification to the fiori app, you could call the SMP Endpoint available with your appid and send it a Push Notification:

You could call the endpoint from a REST Client, or from an ABAP program in a User-Exit in case you wish to send Push Notifications to the Fiori App when executing some particular action of an SAP R/3 transaction.

Hope this helps

Best Regards,

Emanuel

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

SAP Fiori Client does not officially support PUSH.  It is being looked at and perhaps a future release may, but not currently.

Regards,

Kevin

AlexDong
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.