cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of file indicator

0 Kudos

Hi,

In PI I am getting file using FTP in particular folder, from that folder PI will pick up file and process IDOC. But sometimes file coming to that folder is not complete. So can I create any indicator for file completion so that until my file is not complete  PI will not pick that file. And Can I create some follow up or trigger any email to admin for incomplete file. Do we have any end of file indicator in PI if yes how I can do that.

Thanks & Regards

Vaibhav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

Msecs to wait before modification do not work in FTP scenario. it works only with NFS.

Did you find the root cause why the file is incomplete? I mean did third party confirmed the incomplete file is generated from their system or PI is picking the file before the file completely written in the FTP folder.

what is the polling time of the sender FTP channel? you can schedule the channel.

Cheers

Hidayat

0 Kudos

Hi Hidayat,

thanks for your reply.

In my case file coming from system is sometime coming in parts so when PI pick that file that file is incomplete. Not sure about polling time of the sender FTP channel

Thanks

Vaibhav

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav

Pick up of partial file is a very common issue in FTP-based file processing.

The best practice for FTP-based interface is to ensure that the sender of the file uses a temporary filename during transfer. Only when transfer is complete, then the sender renames the file in the FTP folder to the agreed file name. This way, the receiver should only pick up those complete files.

In your case, let say your PI channel should pick up *.txt files. Request that your sender system creates files with a different extension, maybe *.tmp. Only after completion, it should change the extension to txt.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

alternatively you can check with sender system if they can follow Aamir Suhail's suggestion in below link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vaibhav,

sometimes file coming to that folder is not complete. So can I create any indicator for file completion so that until my file is not complete  PI will not pick that file

It is not possible in PI, if file is coming in folder then Channel will pick that file without fail.

Can I create some follow up or trigger any email to admin for incomplete file

Yes you can raise a alert after message getting fail . Please check Alert Configuration in PI .

Do we have any end of file indicator in PI

Nope We don't have this option in PI but you can create one scenario to check that file is proper or not after that u can pick that file . 

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You want to pick the file which is written completely?

check question no 2.

Sender File Adapter Frequently Asked Questions - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

Inorder to stop PI from picking incomplete files, you can use the option in Advance Mode of your CC:

Msecs to wait before modification -->

With this parameter, you define the time during which file adapter wait in order to know if file is currently modifiing by another system

Please refer following for details:

Configuring the Sender File Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

AFAIK - there is no standard function available to trigger an email for incomplete file.

Regards,

Azhar