cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC AC Stage Settings - Queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have few queries regarding few functionalities in GRC AC. Hope someone clarifies. This is for knowledge purpose though not exactly any issue or requirement I have.

1. In notification settings at stage level there is an option called GRAC_OTHER_APPROVERS. When is this used and for which approvers does this applicable?

2. Runtime Config check at Stage level. What is the best practise? Whether to enable this or not enable this.

3. I have few workflows configured with different stages (without Runtime config check enabled) and already been moved to production. Now I have created few more paths with new stages and moved to production. Now should I generate the new MSMP version after moving my latest transport? If I generate will it have any effect on the existing open requests which are using path and stages which belong to old version? If I don't generate new version after transporting will the new paths which i created work?

Please share your inputs

~ Madan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madan,

1. GRAC_OTHER_APPROVERS, I am not sure as I didn't use it much but I assume we can use it during RETURN notification event whereas we used GRAC_CURRENT_APPROVERS for RETURN event as well. May be we will check what other consultants suggest.

2. For points 2 and 3, you can check the below discussion which has detailed explanation.

Regards,

Madhu.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madan

For point number 2. Runtime config check allows you to change the workflow settings and help you to effect those changes in open requests too.

It all varies from project to project.But it is good to have this option checked as it allows you to change your workflows dynamically during runtime.But only problem is if somebody changes any workflow just for testing it will affect the existing requests too.

Regards

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Madhu and Pradeep.

For points 2 and 3 now I got more clarity on Runtime config check usage.

But for point 1 still confused on which scenarios I can use it.

Anyways thanks for your inputs

~ Madan