SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Commitment reduction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Scenario

Step 1 creation of PR for service 100 @ 9 = 900 (Commitment Updated with 900 under PR)

Step 2 creation of PO for service 100 @ 8 = 800 (Commitment Updated with 800 under PO and reduction has done only for 800)

My current budget usage is still 900 and it has not reduced to 800

Please help

Lincy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The system behaves correctly. Why would you expect reduction of commitment to 800. You have PR of 900 and PO of 800, but you can still have another PO for 100. Out of the actions described above budget consumption should remain on the level of 900, i.e. 800 of PO + 100 remaining of PR.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The system behaves correctly. Why would you expect reduction of commitment to 800. You have PR of 900 and PO of 800, but you can still have another PO for 100. Out of the actions described above budget consumption should remain on the level of 900, i.e. 800 of PO + 100 remaining of PR.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Eli for your reply. But I have completely used the PR quantity and I cannot create a new PO based on the old PR. I have done only a price change in PO from 9 to 8

So budget usage in this case is more by 100

Actual budget usage after PO creation should be 800

Lincy

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How come completely? You had 9 and PO is on 8. But, in any case, even if you use it completely, it will reduce commitment if UoM is defined in this way, i.e. commitments are managed by quantity and not by amount.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli

PR and Po qty is 100. only the rate changed from 9 to 8

Lincy

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see I thought, 9 is the quantity. In this case, check if UoM used in PR is defined to work with quantities and not amounts (CUNI).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli

I have used UoM having "Value based Commt" indicator

Lincy

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then it explains it Commitment is reduced on value basis and not on quantity basis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Eli. I changed the UoM settings. Still the same result. Please help

Lincy

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You changed it and reproduced the scenario? Because, naturally, it won't correct retroactively the figures.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created New PR and PO

Lincy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Any other area we have to see

Lincy

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to SAP Note: 634298 - FAQ- Commitment update in Service.

Please check ML91, 2 fields are relevant for commitment update for Service PRs and POs.

Please set it and will solve this. I too faced the same issue and solved using this note

Sunoj