cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC to SOAP Synchronous Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm doing my first RFC to SOAP Sync scenario.I have some confusion related to that.

Client provide one link from WSDL. After opening that link in browser , save that file as WSDL format and that import that as Ex. Definition in ESR.

But its showing as below,

No sub-element which is required.But when importing the file in SOAPUI from testing, its showing like,

My query is , how to test the provided wsdl is working fine and applicable for farther development in PI ?

Thanks,

Arthita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The message is correct in the screen shot.

Pass the value in Message ( Insert_to_... )

and receive response result from Message (Insert_to_.... Response )

For making complete scenario, take help from below links :

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/RFCtoSOAP/page1.htm

http://scn.sap.com/people/divyesh.vasani/blog/2010/08/15/soap-to-rfc-synchronous-scenario-with-file

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

The message is correct in the screen shot.

Which one?in ESR?

But no sub-field is showing under request or response...

Thanks,

Arthita

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arthita,

While Importing WSDL in ESR what are the servies your are able to see... Please let me know...

In the list please select the proper service...

Thanks,

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Service means?

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

if you upload wsdl it will ask the operation names which you have to import

check those things...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry...but I'm not getting...where need to upload? and how?

another thing is when I try to open the project in SOAPUI its showing below error,

And also, Structure error in MM,

Thanks,

Arthita

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there is an error in WSDL.

Please check below link and let me know what are the operations you are able to see

Importing a WSDL Document from Enterprise Services Repository - Developing Java EE 5 Applications - ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arthitha

Your WSDL contains the xsd location which is a HTTP url. If you open that url in the browser, then you will see the sourece code of the complete XSD.

Basically your WSDL is refering some external xsd. Go to the external reference tab, you will see the details.

Save all the XSD's in your disk and then import them togetger in ESR using the option

tools--->import external defintion.

You can also get the xsd's from SOAP UI. Select your project in SOAP UI ,right click and slect the export xsd option. All the relevant xsd's will be saved.Then import all of them together using the above option I have mentioned.

Check this for more details

Thanks,

Indrajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arthitha,

Please Copy your end point from wsdl copy it and paste it in browser.

Chek it below screen shots..

Regards,

Suhale S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhale,

Is that highlighted URL, need to check?

But when I try to open that, its showing this screen,

Thanks,

Arthita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arthita,

When U have open WSDL link in browser . if Status come as "OK" it means WSDL is working fine .

I hope that you are looking for synchronous web service if so then send data through soapui and you should get the desired response .

In case of aysn web service .. you will not get any response back but it will show successful in soapui.

Warm Regards,

Rudra