Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

login/password_max_idle_initial

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

I want to get the value maintained for UME parameter "login/password_max_idle_initial" of ECC ABAP in Java WD. Is there any Standard Remote FM which returns this value.

Regards,

Shami

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shami,

There is no such standard FM which will return parameters value, Can you elaborate what exactly your after.

Regards,

Ali.

0 Kudos

Dear Ali,

In WD Java view we have a requiremnet to display the value that is mainitained against this parameter. Hence I require Remote FM to get the value.

Regards,

Shami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shams,

I believe you have posted discussion in wrong group.

Regards,

Ali.

0 Kudos

Dear Team,

Kindly suggest the right group to assign this discussion point.

Regards,

Shami

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure what you mean by UME? AS Java UME vs stuff in SU01 in AS ABAP?

You can query for the ABAP-parameters with BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL and for Java UME-attributes you can use the Java API of UME.

Don't have any recent experience on WD / programming Java in SAP environment but based on quick googling I must have used "getTransientAttribute" method to query the IUser-attributes that don't have standard getter-method.

regards, Tero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tero,

Sorry i have put the word UME and made a confusion. Hence i repharse my query as below.

I want to get the value maintained for Login Profile parameter "login/password_max_idle_initial" of ECC ABAP. so that the ABAP can be used in WD Java to dislay the value.

Is there any Standard Remote FM which returns this value login profile parameter.

Regards,

Shami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use FM RSAN_SYSTEM_PARAMETER_READ with login/password_max_idle_initial as the input value (you will need to specify that the param is lowercase).  That will return the value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i execute FM RSAN_SYSTEM_PARAMETER_READ with input LOGIN/PASSWORD_MAX_IDLE_INITIAL, i get READ_ERROR exception. Also this object is not remote enabled.

I need a remote enabled FM that returns value for  profile parameter LOGIN/PASSWORD_MAX_IDLE_INITIAL.

Regards,

Shami

Former Member
0 Kudos

It returns results OK for me but if you are requiring something web enabled then it's not going to work for you.  Unless someone else can come up with an appropriate FM it looks like you'll have to create your own either as a copy of this one or using the instructions here:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

FM RSAN_SYSTEM_PARAMETER_READ gave me the expected output  after i executed it with the check box for uppercase/lowercase letters TICKED in se37.

But i cannot use it in java, as it is not remote enabled.

Is there any STANDARD object which is remote enabled and performs the same functionality or should i go with the custom object with remote enabled only?

Regards,

Shami