cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to download DDIC structure for Profit Center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am unable to download DDIC structure for PC by using File Download Functationaliy. I want to intial PC data upload from ECC.

I can able to complete all steps but after excuting dounload it shows 0 records downloaded and after opening Display File Link not able to see header fields row

File shows like below

* Download

* Data Model: 0G

* Entity Type: PCTR

* Variant:

* User: SHAHSA

* Date: 20141208 / Time: 100320

* Selection:

* USMD_EDITION EQ | ED_PCUPD |

* Edition: ED_PCUPD

* Fields not in Governance Scope: USMD_ACTIONCODE, USMD_ENT_CHNG_BY, USMD_ENT_CHNG_AT, USMD_ENT_CRTD_BY, USMD_ENT_CRTD_AT

without header field row.

Is I missed something?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay

If you want to download all the PC from ECC then do it using SE16N - give table name - CEPC and the required values i.e controlling area etc. Take the data in Excel and adjust all the columns. Convert it into Notepad. Remove last line in the notepad and then upload this file in MDG.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

Thank you for reply. First we need to create MDG structure from File Download link, Correct?

Then we can fill MDG structure with ECC Values, Correct? So as per me SE16N steps comes as a second step first we need to create DDIC strue for entity type PCTR?

My issue is that I am not able to see DDIC structure for PCTR (Header fields)?

Also as per your blog you said we need to assign same MDG varaint for ECC dump for CEPC also? How to do this?  

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay

Not sure why you want to download DDIC structures. The process is -

1. Create layout in MDG - same as per the ECC and save the variant

2. Then create similar variant in ECC and load the data in file.

3. Use file upload to load all the data in MDG

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am giving steps followed by me

1. Under Process Multiple Objects area open link for File DownLoad to create MDG layout in 5 steps (Determine Entity Type,Determine Selection,Define File Structure,Determine Download Setting and Check and execute for entity type PCTR with edition (01.01.1900 to 31.12.9999) (MDG 7.0 SP02). I am calling this as creation of DDIC structure. ( Downloaded file is attached as per your reference)
  2. But after execution unable to see Header fields in the files and also How to create varaint for ECC dump file?
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

Try to create MDG layout for PCTR as per ECC dump but unable to get header fields in generated file (Attached)

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay

You want do download the data from MDG or upload? I am not clear yet.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

First we need to crete MDG Layout for PCTR, Correct? And this can be possible with File Download link in MDG with 5 steps. My issue is that I am unable to see field labels at header in downloaded file from MDG.

ECC dump is secodary step, first I need to create MDG layout for PCTR, correct?

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes and then create similar layout manually in ECC. Why you want to download the structure?

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am following step as per your block which says

1. Create the file structure in MDG – NWBC for CC and PC.
  2. Create a layout and save it as variant in NWBC which will be used in the upload program

or do you mean that no need to create MDG layout (Structure) from File Dowmload link and directly upload ECC dump of CEPC by file upload link?

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay

Create the structure manually in NWBC. You can choose the fields and create the layout. Save the same layout as variant. This will solve your issue.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

Closing this thread as it is our MDG activation issue