cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC is not launched, although all services of NWBC being activated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have activated all below services of NWBC. but NWBC does not get launched on logging in. what is the reason

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

santosh_krishnan2
Participant
0 Kudos

I think I have a related issue.  NWBC launches when the transaction NWBC is run.  When I go to SICF and right click and say test, it launches.  When I log into the system and run the tcode NWBC, it launches.

HOWEVER when we go in through portal, we have a link to launch SAPGUI.  From that SAPGUI, when we run the NWBC tcode, it won't launch.  If I try other webdynpro tcodes, the browser launches properly.

I went into SICF to see if I can run the test, and that launches NWBC properly.

So I'm not sure why it won't launch.

Any clues?

Thanks.

plaban_sahoo6
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

I think, BASIS is the right forum for this question, as there are 2 versions of NWBC, for Desktop and HTML.

Regards

Plaban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahoo,

Right click node "NWBC"-> test service, what is the result?

Best regards,
Cheng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i have replied on this. hope you find it in this thread

former_member185447
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Sahoo,

When calling NWBC with the URL /sap/bc/nwbc, an exception was raised to indicate that no cockpit is available.

This error is always an indicator that the ABAP system is at a level that is not supported.

Please check the following notes:

Also, look into this thread. You have solution there for you.

Regards,

Deepak M

former_member185165
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I guess it has to be with the host file.

former_member185447
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sahoo,

Please Check

1) If you assigned all the roles needed to access NWBC

2) If this is the first time you are trying to open NWBC through the browser, check for the browser security settings

3) Also, please let me know if you are getting the display pic and struck there or getting a blank screen.

Regards

Deepak M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

1. i have t-code:NWBC and S_NWBC, and GRC admin access

2.no, i can open NWBC by exeucting t-code NWBC.

3.i can see display pic.

Regards

plaban

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

How are you trying to launch it? Are you receiving any messages?

Former Member
0 Kudos

it should launch when i log in, or anyone logs in

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Plaban

it should launch when i log in, or anyone logs in

Still confused. What steps are you going through? Do you mean to say you log on to SAPGUI GRC system or what?

For NWBC are you using NWBC HTML or NWBC GUI? If HTML, you need to logon to SAPGUI first and then execute transaction NWBC (if on 7.40 release there is also /UI2/NWBC). For NWBC launch access you would need the transaction and S_NWBC authorisations. Also, PFCG roles will be necessary to load the screens in NWBC.

It may also be that you issue with NWBC is not specific to a GRC problem and you might find your answer elsewhere in SCN. Without proper information on your issue it is hard to say (hence others are guessing at host file, etc).

Please take the time and effort to properly describe you issue as it wastes time for us helping you (and discourages us to want to in future) and delays you in receiving your solution.

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Previously, NWBC screen used to appear automatically when i logged in.So, it should not be NWBC HTML. I already have NWBC in a PFCG role assigned, as well as S_NWBC .

ok, i will also try to find elsewhere on SCN.

More inf.

Test Service on node nwbc in SICF->default host->sap->grc and SICF->default host->sap->bc->workflow gives the below screen

while Test service on nwbc in SICF->default host->sap->grc

Regards

Plaban

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Plaban

Previously, NWBC screen used to appear automatically when i logged in.

Do you mean:

1. You would open SAP GUI

2. You would enter your user name and password to GRC system

3. On logon NWBC would automatically open instead of SAP Easy Access Menu?

If so, is there a chance you had a "Set Start Transaction" for NWBC which is set on your account through Extras > Set Start Transaction?

In relation to NWBC HTML vs GUI - it is HTML if you go into SAPGUI and call NWBC transaction which results in opening a Web browser session for HTML. It is NWBC GUI if you open NWBC GUI instead of SAPGUI and logon.

If not the above steps, what has changed for it to suddenly stop working? What have you done differently recently on your system.

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

i am well aware of setting start transaction, and it was never set for any user, and all the users could get NWBC opened while logging in.

Thanks very much efforts on your detailed explaination on HTML/GUI. i am using NWBC HTML.

But i have done a workaround of setting it as "Set Start Transaction".

I had deactivated and activated NWBC and EUL SICF services, after which this has occurred. But i will mark this closed,as i have a work around.

Regards

Plaban