Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSAPTEMP 0% used

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am facing an issue related to PSAPTEMP tablespace  zero percent use

I have grenerated SGEN before I start SGEN I checked my PSAPSR3740 was arround 16.5GB free  all user was locked only i am connected

during sgen precess I observed PSAPTEM 0% user and PSAPUNDO 0.70 % used but PSAPSR3740 grow till it have 602 MB remaining

why its happen how can I reclaim space from PSAPSR3740 and why PSAPTEMP is not use

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

PSAPTEM might not have been used because it was not necessary to use it. Why is it a problem?

did you created an index that did not fit in the PGA? I assume not.

did you executed something that oracle thought needed to do a HASH JOIN and it did not fit in memory? I assuem not.

did you executed something that oracle thought needed to be sorted and did not fit in memory? I assume not.

et cetera.

then you said you generated SGEN and PSAPSR3740 grow.

Do you know what SGEN does?

Do you know what tables in PSAPSR3740 have grown?

again, I have took at the crystal ball and guess.

SGAN takes the SAP ABAP source code, compiles it and saves in the database the compiled version, that way it is not compiled the first time you executed someting.

As mentioned, "saves in the database" something, therefore, the database increase the size.

I would check the size of the table REPOLOAD (and its associated lob segment) and you will see it.

Then it would be quite difficult to "reclaim space"

but, you now, I'm guessing