Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI message mapping error??

vikramanne
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi PI experts,

Can you please find out the attached snapshot and help me out to avoid this error?

From my understanding i could see that in the last queue in the first context i could see "[]" this is the reason why this is raising an exception, can anyone let me know why an empty "[]" got generated in the last queue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vikram,

Change your target field data type  as "STRING" if it is not going to harm your business requirement.

Warm Regards,

Rudra

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Yes you are right, the error is because of blank/null in first context and sum function is throwing the error. Now to check why blank/null is generated in first context you need to provide the code of UDF and mapping logic.

Also as you are having udf, why can't you sum the values in UDF? In UDF you can check the values and catch the exception (if any).

regards,

Harish

vikramanne
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

This mapping is working from many days,today only this issue came, i am wondering how this null value got embedded into the context?

Is there any method where we can find and replace null values within the context, i tried using Replace string option but it didnot work?

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

from your display queue you are getting null value other then input value and i can not suggest anything until i know the mapping logic and udf. Can you please past the udf and mapping logic?

regards,

Harish

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

can you please elaborate your requirement and data...

show me your mapping and display queue data

Thanks,

Sreenivas