cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IM 4.0 - AFARIA Application provisioning for windows mobile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a question. I want to do the application provisioning for SAP IM 4 with SAP AFARIA 7(which is installed on our landscape). But the application wizards delivered by SAP and used to install the client of SAP IM 4.0, is an EXE file and when I executed this wizards automatically install the CAB file on the device through ActiveSync. I want to know two things:

1. Can I deploy and configure the SAP Inventory Manager 4.0 Client with SAP AFARIA 7 to Windows Mobile devices? (I'm not sure but I guess with a session channel I can run a script which help me installing the client but I don't know if I can configure the connection with this) ?
  2. If the answer to the first question is yes: Where can I find the SAP Inventory Manager 4.0 client CAB file in order to delivery and install this client to the device with SAP AFARIA?

Thank you for your answers....

Best Regards,

Mariana

CC:

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jtaylor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In conjunction with what Mark recommended, if you're using the on-premise version of Afaria, you can use Sesion Manager channels to send and install the CAB file. You can find the Session Manager channel info here: http://help.sap.com/Download/Multimedia/zip-afaria/SP5_Configuring.pdf

I believe you should be using the Send file event and the Execute event in conjunction with WCELoad (or another commandline utility which will install a CAB).

WCELoad information:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb158700.aspx

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mariana,

One technique that I saw is to extract the contents of the EXE. The CAB file is inside of it. You have to choose which one applies to your device.

Some of the other techniques I saw was that the customer open a ticket to request for the CAB file but in theory is already pre-packaged in the EXE itself (did you try looking inside?).

Some of our other customers have scripts that install the cab via Afaria. I don't have a exact copy of those scripts but they have it working.

Regards,

Mark