Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirement for a Hotel Kitchener

safeer_rahman2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We have received a requirement from the client. who is into the supply of food business (A Hotel)

My client would be supplying food to the customer. He would also be supplying some accessories along with that.. For example plates, towels or bowls etc. They don't receive any payment from the customer for those accessories.

The material is to be despatched from their inventory. While the customer settles the bill, he would return back the accessories. They would count that, and any change in count from their despatch quantity (eg: instead of 100 plates the customer returns only 99 plates) that inventory is to be captured back. and added back to the inventory. They would not be asking the customer to return that missing plate. however, it needs to be updated in the system and has to be in record somewhere...just as a missing one. Is this tracking feasible without any tedious process>

Any idea what we can do to follow this procedure through SAP? If yes, how would you advise me to go about. Any suggestions welcome, kindly let me know your idea. Detailed suggestions from the experts are most welcome.

Thanks in Advance,

Safeer Rahman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Safeer,

Returnable packaging is the only best concept to suit your requirement.

Please try using this.

Thanks,

Sureindar

safeer_rahman2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks suriendar

your document helped me and ofcourse thanks for the link.

Regards,

Safeer Rahman

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

safeer_rahman2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the inputs. Thread closed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Safeer,

You can use the Returnable Packaging Material concept.

SAP provides General Item Category group LEIH in material master for this purpose and you can use the consignment sales process for this purpose. Refer standard sales document types - LA and LN.

safeer_rahman2
Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks a lot uphender. These two scenarios we ofcourse on our mind , however, we were wondering which one would be the most opt one or which involves less work./ easiness for the end users.

Lesser the process involved , better for the users... I too feel that returnable packaging as an opt one .

Any further suggestions from our gurus are much appreciated.

Regards,

Safeer Rahman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check if consignment would do for you.

Regards,

JM

safeer_rahman2
Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks folks\

the concept of returnable packaging materials help us meet the requirement. Though consignment processing is a doable one , client finds it intricate .

all those items are added as VERP materials and theconcept of returnable packaging , worked out.

Regards,

Safeer Rahman