cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI Upgrade (7.01 to 7.4) using export/Import method

0 Kudos

Hi, We are planning to upgrade our SAP PI landscape. We are in SAP EHP1 Netweaver 7.0(7.01) and target release to 7.4. Can you please give me some idea about how to move forward with migration method(Export/Import method). If we chose to go with installing fresh 7.4 system and migrate integration repository/Integration Directory and communication channels using export/import do we get any kind of issues? like metadata version miss match? I believe there should be some issues with this method and if anybody encountered  issues can you please share? Please give me some detailed steps that needs to be considered? Which Java contents(IR/ID, Communication channels... anything else) need to move to target system? Your ideas will be really helpful. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor

Refer to my reply in the below thread..

If you go for fresh installation 7.4 (single stack) then you wont't be able export ID content directly.

There is a migration wizard offered by SAP to migrate classical scenarios to ICo's (which is applicable for dual stack ->dual stack as well)

You should be able to export and import ESR content without any issues.

-----

If you upgrade the same system, then you have to manually change metadata in your communication channels to use the latest version(7.4 basis component).

0 Kudos

Thanks Hareesh. It is source Dual stack to target 7.4 Dual stack system. So there won't be any issue with export/Import of IR/ID using PI Migration tool? In that case how to migrate communication channels? Can we use PI migration tool to target dual stack system? Do I need to export any other contents from source to target? Thanks.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>So there won't be any issue with export/Import of IR/ID using PI Migration tool?

You can only migrate ID content using migration tool. ESR is simply file export and import.

You should not have any issues in migration though.

>>>in that case how to migrate communication channels?

Please refer to "CHANNEL MIGRATION" section in the blog that i shared in my previous post.

>>> Can we use PI migration tool to target dual stack system?

Yes.

>>>Do I need to export any other contents from source to target?

If you have any custom modules/java mapping, please recompile them and deploy it on new platform.

0 Kudos

Thanks Hareesh. I will try with PI migration tool and update this message.

Answers (0)