cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with RDS: SAP standard tables dimension does not match

Former Member
0 Kudos

The installation of the SAP RDS IS CONTENT V2 is giving me some unexpected errors when I try to import standard tables to the information steward's environment... The RDS is somewhat recent (may/2014).

Following the instructions of the installation guide, plenty of skipped objects occur... I have these prints of what I get:

I set the options to overwrite the tables which I had imported previously...

for instance the log on all rules go like this:

Attempting to create rule:  ZB_G14_CUST_InvoicingDateReference ...

Object of type Rule named ZB_G14_CUST_InvoicingDateReference already exists. (COR-10551)

Failed to import Rule ZB_G14_CUST_InvoicingDateReference. Skipping import of this rule. (UIM-10055)

I think the source of these problems comes from the tables imported. I can view the data in some of the tables, however, there are still some which are not imported correctly. In particular it seems that there are conflict with metadata,ie, missing fields,...

Even if I import the tables by name, the views are not visible(again because there might be issues with metadata) and most of the rules get skipped...

This happens even when I import all of the tables involved in the view.

When I click on the view data button I get:

I think I have set the proper connection to the source system.

Can you think of anything which might be causing these issues? If you need any further clarification please ask.

Thanks in advance,

MB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

I faced the same issue as well. I simply went to add tables, then selected the SAP connection, and then imported metadata.

I then clicked on all the tables that was imported by the RDS package (I had a separate project created) and then clicked on the re-import button.

That fixed the issue that you are seeing for me. Tedious, but still worked.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding to this, considering the case of the BNKA table, I copied the screen that compares the source shema and the XML file that describes the input schema to the IS (from the rds):

Once I try to view the data of this table it complains there are 4 extra fields. As we can see, the fields from the include are not in the xml, and are therefore not recognized by the IS...

I could edit the xml by hand, but to actually make this work it would require editing all of the xml files in the whole process (which include tables, view and rules) which is not feasible.

former_member655569
Participant