cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer from a no WM storage to a WM storage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have to transfer all the stocks from a storage not managed with WM (0010) to a WM storage managed (0020).

I have determined the correct bin in 0020 for each material and then I have tried to transfer with MIGO - movement type 311.

I have obtained this error message

but I can see that final bin is determined as following picture

Please, can you help me to understand the reason of that error?

Thanks in advance,

Paolo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The message is certainly from WM, but the screenshot below is from the MM movement.

the values in your movement are storage location and probably the bin description from storage location view, which is only text and has nothing to do with a WM functionality. It should not be used at all in case the storage location is assigned to WM, because it is just confusing then.

(like here).

The bin 020 002 mentioned in the error message is not yet created with LS03N transaction, that is the root cause for the error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen, thank for your answer.

The bin mentioned is already created

The bin is inserted into the storage location view of the material.

This is my settings for movement type 311

May it depend on the manual storage bin input?

Anyway my need is to transfer stock of materials currently stocked in a NO WM storage location into a WM managed storage location.

This is necessary only for the kick off of the project. Then NO WM storage location will no longer be used.

Thanks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The error message has 3 variables: the warehouse number, the storage type and the storage bin

Which means in your case warehouse 020, storage type 002´, bin "" blank.

And this blank bin is missing. Since it is not possible to have a lank bin, the determination of the bin is faulty.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Further your movement type customizing looks not really convincing.

The setting for "manual storage bin input" is contradictory to " Automatic TO"

And the 311 WM movement is usually used for the picking part, while the 312 is used for the put away.

since you are coming from a non-WM location into WM, you would need to perform a put away.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

please, can you explain the steps I need to do, also in customizing? In my scenario it is completely indifferent the movement type I'll use; it is enough for me to pass all of the materials from a warehouse not managed with WM in one with WM, in which each material has a target location.

It is not necessary to complete the activity in only one step.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved with movement type 312 and the sequent settings.

THANKS A LOT, Jurgen!

Answers (0)