cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I install Microsoft Dbf driver in a 64 windows 7 machine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please can you advise me how  to  get install link for the  Microsoft dbf driver in 64 bit operating system.

Regards

Pol

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unless you are using PB 12.6 and deploying 64-bit, PowerBuilder apps are 32-bit so need to use the 32-bit drivers for any database they are connecting to.

The 32-bit driver for dBase should be installed by default when Windows was first installed on the machine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply

I cannot see the dbase driver on that machine while going through odbc manager. It is new machine 64 bit windows 7. Please can u let me know  the reason for that not showing dbase driver there.

regards

Pol

Former Member
0 Kudos

For a 64-bit Windows 7 system, when you run the ODBC Data Source Administrator tool (odbcad32.exe), you run (by default) the 64-bit version of this tool. It does not support the 32-bit system data sources.

To see the 32-bit system ODBC drivers, you must execute the 32-bit version of the ODBC Data Source Administrator tool. In a typical Windows7 installation, it will reside here:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

Here is the URL to a complete explanation:

http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/942976/en-us

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Database Profile window in PowerBuilder has an option to launch the ODBC Manager. It will launch the 32 bit version. The shortcut in Control Panel launches the 64 bit one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you launched ODBC Administrator, then click on Add button, a list of drivers will be shown, you mean you do not see any dbase or dbf driver there?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I cannot see the dbase driver there

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Polachan;

If you do not have MS-Office installed that contains the MS dBase driver (among others) - I believe you can get the dBase drivers by installing this ....

Download Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable from Official Microsoft Download Cent...

HTH

Regards ... Chris