Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Delivery Date at Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am new to SD module and I have a questions. Can you please answer :-

Delivery date field is present both at the header and item level of the Sales Order. Say, I have a sales order with 2 items with two different schedule line dates. Now, my question is :- What is significance of header delivery date ?

Thanks,

Debi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mohanty,

Line item one is correct .

Coming to line item 2 system proposes delivery date based on the material availability date through availability check and this date will copied to your schedule lines with conformed qty .based on this date delivery will happen to the customer.

Regards,

C.B Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reddy,

Thanks for your confirmation. You reply is prompting me to ask below question. Kindly reply.

Question is regarding Material Availability Check (MAC) and Transfer of Requirements (TOR).

We will consider same line item 2. Say, the customer asks for 100 pieces of 2nd line item material on 1st Jan. In the stock, we have only 75 pieces of unrestricted stock. As per my understanding:-

1. After user enters the 2nd line item material and delivery date (which copied from header delivery date), while creating sales order, first Availability Check happens. The result of this check is :- 75 pieces of this material can be confirmed on 1st Jan. So one schedule line with 75 pieces on 1st Jan is created. Is my understanding is correct ?

2. Still we have a open demand for another 25 pieces. Now TOR steps in. This transfers the requirement to MRP (based on the customization). The result is :- 25 pieces of the stock will be confirmed on 15th Jan (due to Production Order / Purchase requisition). Now the 2nd schedule line with 25 pieces on 15th Jan is created. Am I right?

3. Can you please tell me :- what is "Order confirmation" in this regards. I mean how anyone can differentiate between normal Sales Order and Confirmed Sales Order. Because as per my understanding, all sales order becomes "Confirmed" after Material Availability Check (MAC) and Transfer of Requirements (TOR).

Thanks,

Debi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sorry to say, I have a feeling that you were posting so many queries without testing at your end.  Whatever queries you want to be clarified, first try out in your system, see how it is functioning and post here what assistance you expect from here.  ATP is a vast subject and just like that, it cannot be clarified.  You need to share what is your configuration settings.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Yes You are right. But my challenge is that in order to understand ATP and TOR completely in my system, I would need the help of PP and MM consultants. So as a beginner, I thought of posting some generic questions regarding ATP and TOR. Of course, in due course, I will raise some specific question with supported configurations.

Hope that You can understand my problem and allow me to do so.

Thanks,

Debi

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

You can analyze these things on your own as suggested by Respected Legend& Good moderator.

Just one point want to share with you availability check and TOR can happen simultaneously in Business--Suppose in your example you mentioned 25 out of 100 will go for TOR--But may be the total 100 Qty also can reach MRP(depends on your Config)

Note: Please remove the thought of "system will do TOR only for Non-avbl Qty ""--from your mind.

Hope this helps..

Phanikumar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In general, whatever data SAP fetches at header level, the same would be copied to item level and if there is any change at item level, it won't have any impact at header level.  So answer to your query is there is no significance at header level.  Again if you create a new line item in the same sale order, that line item will consider the header data even if it is back dated.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lakshmipathi.

Please confirm if my understanding is correct or not ?

Say, I want to create a Sales Order. I will go to VA01 tcode and enter the details. At header level, I enter the delivery date as say 1st Jan. Should i wish to create the 2 line items then automatically the header level delivery date will be copied to the item level schedule line delivery dates. In short, for both the line items, the schedule line date becomes 1st Jan.  Am I rt ?

Say, for first line item, material - 1, Customer wants the delivery on 1st Jan. Should the stock already present in the plant then based on Availability Check delivery date remains the same as of 1st Jan. Am I rt?

But for 2nd line item, if stock is not available, then TOR will happen and then based on MRP, the next available date is proposed by the system - in our case say, 15 Jan. Now the delivery date at the 2nd line item schedule line will be overwritten to 15 Jan. Or, there it might happen, we may have multiple schedule lines with different delivery dates to fulfill the ordered quantity. In this case, we may have multiple schedule line dates. Am I rt?

Finally when I will save Sales Order, at header level, I will have delivery date as 1st Jan and at item level, first line item will have delivery date as 1st Jan and 2nd one will be 15 Jan or multiple dates related to schedule lines.

Plsease do confirm.

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Dutta,

you are absolutely correct.

The delivery date at header level is the requested delivery date for all items. Then at item level, the possible delivery dates will be proposed and confirmed during availability check. So there, you may have different delivery dates and confirmed quantities against it.  You can change the delivery date at item level , but it will not get changed at header level.