Regards,

Rao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

Please find the reasons below.

#context - Occurs in measure values if you try to include objects from different context(Universe) which are not linked.

Sol:- Use calculation context in the variable on merged dimension.

eg:- Sum([Sales Qty] forall ([DATE])) ([DATE] - Merged dimension on both queries)

#Incompatible - Occurs in dimension values if you try to include objects from different context(Universe) which are not linked.

Sol:- creat a detailed variable for the incompatible dimension object and associating it with the merged dimension

#Data Sync - Occurs when you place a dimension from other data provider along woth the dimensions in same data provider.

Sol:- Merge 2 data providers on common dimension.

If you want to see the other dimensions(in DP2) apart from the common dimension in the report with the dimensions(In DP1), convert the other dimension object which is not merged to Detail object and use that object.

Please provide further inputs.

Thanks and Regards,

Tharini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thirani,

Thanks for giving Response ,

Cloud please tell me how to solve this scenario,

In my webi report  Apply promt on year (Using the between operator 2014 to 2004)

and also apply the promt on city using in operator(like multipule citys)

But my requirement is  show the promt values on top of the webi report ,i know that using

USERREPONSE function cloud please guide me how to write the syntax  step by step

Regards,

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

Please find the snap shot below.

Whenever you click the certain function you need to create in “New variable Editor” you will have an option “More on this function” at right bottom corner.

If you click it you will get the syntax of that particular function with set of examples. With help of this option you can able to learn / play with all the functions and its syntax in BO.

Syntax:-

UserResponse([dp;]prompt_string[;Index])

dp -  The data provider Data provider Optional / Mandatory when multiple Data provider is used in Report.

prompt_string  - The prompt text String - Mandatory

Eg:-

UserResponse([Sales Query];"Which city?") returns "Los Angeles," if you entered "Los Angeles" in the "Which City?" prompt in the "Sales Query" data provider.

The following syntax will be helpful in your case.

=UserResponse("Enter value for Year (Start):") +" to " + UserResponse("Enter value for Year (End):")

Please mark helpful / correct answer to the post if it solves your issue.

Regards,

Tharini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Tharani for giving Excellent Guidance for User response

Regards,

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rao,

Please mark helpful / correct answer to the responses to your issue.

Regards,

Tharini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tharani,

If u dn't mine do you have any experience on Migration from 3.1 to 4.0 Using Upgrade management Tool(UMT)

Regards,

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rao,

What operation are you performing ? This error does not looks like SAP Gateway error.

Could you please share more details ?

Regards,

Ashwin