cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to handle when uploading Same data from Two hetero genius systems into MDG hub.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can you please suggest me how to handle when uploading Same data (same unique key) from Two hetero genius systems(Two Different ECC)  into MDG hub.

i heard a word  'Key/Value mapping'  in MDG. Whether it will helpful then How..? Please reply me .  

Thanks in advance

Regards

Naren

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Narendra

You can't load the data with same unique values. Key mapping is used for replicating the data based on key values.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Kiran.

Can't  MDG handle the data which is coming from two different sources.

Since we have to upload master data from two ECC systems into MDG hub. Can you please check again once and let me know.

Regards

Naren

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Kiran is right - you need different material IDs on the hub for both materials.

Key mapping is also considered if you load materials with MATMAS IDocs via ALE or MDG Data Load. You can create key mapping up front before you load the materials.

If you load materials with other technologies (e.g. BAPI, LSMW, ...), you need to create the material IDs on your own and also create the key mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo Bruss, Thanks for reply .

Can you please explain me about Key mapping with an example.

I have read the documents but i cant understand what is exactly.

Regards

Naren

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Key mapping basically stores the information that MATNR 4711 in one system maps to MATNR 0815 in another system, so these IDs are mapped during data import and replication. But I can't really provide a replacement for an MDG training here.

All our guides are in http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7858#section2

There is a data import/replication section for material, and the documents on data import and data replication contain information on key mapping.