cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD entry for technical system AS-JAVA - URL not working because of missing domain

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have PI 7.11 Dual Stack.

In the SLD entry of the technical system type AS-JAVA there is on first tab an URL.

This URL points to <hostname>:<port> of PI and can't be resolved because of missing domain.

From what setting AS-JAVA takes the value for URL, when registering its technical system type AS-ABAP at SLD.

I suppose that somewhere FQDN has to be configured.

Regards

Roland

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

AnilDandi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

You can change the properties of the parameter SLD.selfregistration.hostName in the service "XPI Service: CPA Cache" to use FQHN instead of short hostname.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

I checked SLD.slefregistration.hostName in XPI Service: CPA Cache.

It was set to FQDN.

Then I deleted technical system entry in SLD and started SLD registration of AS-JAVA.

But URL in new created SLD entry still is without domain part.

Regards

Roland

btw: I knwo the workaround with local hosts file. But our users usually have no write permission for this file.

AnilDandi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This blog contains a list of important parameters that affect hostname, see if it helps:

Installing and Configuring SAP Web Dispatcher for SAP XI | SAP NW Newbie

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in Windows-> Run-> Drivers->etc-> hosts

Edit host files and place it there

ip_address     FQDN

or -- c:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

edit the host files

ip_address      FQDN

------------------------------

right click hosts file -> open with "Notepad"

and edit. If you are not able to save it there .. then copy hosts file at some other location may be at desktop and edit and save. and then copy paste at that location and replace the existing file.

Regards,

Vikas