cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delphi Programming and SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've come across on several occasions websites talking about connecting Delphi programs via RFC to SAP what I can't find are the two unit files they use.

http://www.bapi.is-here.de/ is one of the best websites I found and they talk about these files but anyone have a copy of them or know where I can download them?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sigurdur
Participant
0 Kudos

You should check out Connect for SAP by GS-soft

this is a native delphi component set that makes use of saprfc.dll

http://www.gs-soft.com/sapx.html

Best Regards Sigurdur

ibrahim_u
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This components are good for rfc use.

but i want to write own code and i dont want to use any components. i tried so much to start an rfc server with RfcAccept & RfcListen functions. But RfcAccept function gave me errors. i think i define the data types wrongly.

Are there any one can use RfcAccept function without errors in Delphi. How ?

Message was edited by: Ibrahim UGUR

ibrahim_u
Active Participant
0 Kudos

up

ibrahim_u
Active Participant
0 Kudos

up

help please

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is just great...Just this morning i was thinking in re-installing my Delphi Framework...And now...Knowing that I can play with SAP...I surely gonna do it! -:D

Thanx a lot for the great info -;)

Greetings,

Blag.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

I've been tried your way by importing ActiveX components. But I get error when import SAP RFC Control. Please, can you give me the detail way to import that component.

Thank you.

Message was edited by: Grendah Yudha

Sigurdur
Participant
0 Kudos

> Hi Rob,

>

> I've been tried your way by importing ActiveX

> components. But I get error when import SAP RFC

> Control. Please, can you give me the detail way to

> import that component.

This procedure depends a little on what version of delphi you are running. I have it successfully imported into Delphi 5 and I have used it for a few simple projects.

An application using those controls will need to have Saprfc.dll installed and registered.

Note however that Sap does no longer support those controls, they will continue to work but will not support new features of Sap like new Data types.

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

besides some ActiveX imports they may talk about an actual product from Borland called "Delphi Connect for SAP". That was a product made in 1996/97 and the only one that Borland ever produced in Germany. It contained Delphi Components that could connect to the SAP system. The fun part was that you could read the whole BOR into a database and therefore had not to be connected to a system to program against an RFC.

I know by accident, as at the time I worked for them and was a team member. It was very funny to demo that stuff to SAP customers without any connection to a system from a laptop...

This was the first time I stepped into Walldorf, and learnt some basics about SAP without knowing that one day I would work there (actually at this time I found this not very attractive because of the company being that large...)

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Benny! Would you still happen to have access to that? If the guy has problems with the ActiveX then I'll need a alternative solution for him to try.

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

pretty sure that there is nothing left. Even if: wouldn't that be kind of illegal?

If you really step into trouble I could activate some contacts to Borland to find out if there is help...

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Stumbled upon this question.

Actually is is surprisingly simple.

With SAP GUI several ActiveX components are supplied.

You can use these components simply by importing them into the Delphi workbench:

<i>1</i>. Components --> Import --> Choose ActiveX components SAPLogonControl and SAPBapiControl (import <b>TSAPLogonControl</b> and <b>TSAPBapiControl</b> in the directory C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\Controls or in directory C:\Program Files\SapPc\Controls).

<i>2</i>. Project --> Type libraries --> Import SAP Remote Function Call Control (components are TSAPFunctions, TFunction, TParameter, TExports, TImports and TStructure).

<i>3</i>. Components --> Install components --> Supply a unit name (i.e. TSAPFunctionsOCX_TLB.pas).

After this you can use these components on any form within Delphi. When generating program packages, the related OCX'es will be incorporated.

Regards,

Rob.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Thanks I've passed the info along and I'm waiting for them to tell me if it worked out or not.