Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolMan as central BP document repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I'm a newbie to SolMan.

As many companies, we're struggling with Business Process documentations that are spread all over our file system.

If you need to find something, it's always a pain.

That's why we want to use SolMan now to store the documents in a central document repository that also supports versioning of documents.

What I did so far:

I've created an implementation project ZBP used to store all documentation regarding Business Processes in our companies.

Under business scenario I've added all SAP modules that are in use in our company (SAP HR, SD/MM etc.).

In the corresponding Business Processes I added all relevant processes for the corresponding SAP module (e.g. ESS/MSS for HR etc.)

The BP documentation will then be stored in the Project Documentation tab of the BP.

Please see the attachment if you couldn't follow my explainations

My question:

Is this a good approach to store documentation about existing BP in our company?

We want to keep it simple.

Maybe later on we'll also use SolMan to manage testing etc.

But in the beginning it should only be used as a central document repository for our BP.

Thanks in advance for your comments!

Best regards,

Thorsten.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you would want a different type of project type as implementation projects are for a second landscape to create/change a current business process or a new feature/service/upgrade.  You should also review template projects as I believe its best practice to template your business's processes and lock the project from changes so you can copy the processes into other project creations.

Something else to also consider, look into Scope and Effort Analyzer as the intent of that tool is to document business processes from your Production system and record the results into solman for you and then you just need to verify with your current documentation.