Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open attachment from recruiter side

arvin_arquelada
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

I have a custom webdypnro application that can be called both by candidate and recruiter. From the Candidate's side, the attachments are opening properly. But, when I display the Candidate's application via Recruiter side, it cannot be opened. I've compared the link being generated by SAP and they are the same both for Candidate and Recruiter. I've also implemented note 1237688, but my issue wasn't solved. Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

arvin_arquelada
Explorer
0 Kudos

Issue has been solved. Its because of an event handler in SICF.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arvin,

Are you getting any errors while opening attachments from recruiter id?

Regards,

Rama

arvin_arquelada
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

No error, it just displays that the web page cannot be displayed.

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please share the error details. Also, I like to know more details of your custom WD component's design for attachments.

Also, I would like to suggest you that try to login with recruiters id in the system where the candidates login and check if its issue with the settings in browser.

Regards,

Rama

arvin_arquelada
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

Just to give you an idea, the list of attachments are retrieved correctly in the webdynpro when it is called via Candidate or Recruiter. When I try to call the webdynpro via Recruiter (then using Recruiter id to login on the RFC system ) and click the link of the attachment, its not displayed. But when I call  the webdypro via Recruiter (then using Candidate id to login on the RFC system) and do the same process, the attachment is loaded.

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arvin,

It seems that some settings are missing at Recruiter's system.

Please refer to the below link

Security Prompts when opening attachments in Web Dynpro and unable to open. - ERP Human Capital Mana...

Regards,

Rama

arvin_arquelada
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

I've also tried the instructions in the link that you've provided. However, its still not working.

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arvin,

Check if recruiter from his system can download files using standard application WDR_TEST_EVENTS --> Test file download ui element's link.

Regards,

Rama

arvin_arquelada
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

How do I test the link using WDR_TEST_EVENTS? Can you please provide instructions? Thanks.

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arvin,

You need to get the url of wd application WDR_TEST_EVENTS  and pass on to recruiter and ask him to access the application.

Ask him/her to test FILE DOWNLOAD link from the standard application.

Regards,

Rama

arvin_arquelada
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

Understood. I used the Recruiter login to launch the WDR_TEST_EVENTS. I was able to download the file in the FILE DOWNLOAD. What's the next  step?

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay, that seems that every thing is alright with file download element.

Its time to look into your component and its functionality for recruiter and candidate role.

What is the ui element are your using for file download / Upload?

It will be great if you share technical details of whole design.

Regards,

Rama

arvin_arquelada
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

Is there a standard method or function module called when the attachments in Webdynpro are clicked in order to be viewed? I think if there is, I can start my investigation from there. Thanks.

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think you get the control when you click on file download.

Please share the snap shot of error page.

Regards,

Rama