cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AlertRetrieveAPI_V2 in custom interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am using the AlertRetrieveAPI_V2 to call alerts and get a response in SAP PO message mapping. Has anyone worked in this API to retrieve IFLOW_NAME and also what is the significance of maxalerts? What is meant by retrievesinglealerts action?

thx

mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>>Has anyone worked in this API to retrieve IFLOW_NAME

I think passing "IFLOW_NAME" value under ParameterName field (optionalDetails -> DetailNames node) would help u getting Iflow name in the response...

>>what is the significance of maxalerts? What is meant by retrievesinglealerts action?

Check this link for detail description

Alerting API on Alert Engine - Administering Process Integration (PI) - SAP Library

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a follow up question on this. I wanted to get communication channel name when alerts are thrown (when comm channel is stopped) using AlertRetrieveAPI_V2 call in the mapping. Is it possible like getting the IFLOW_NAME? I don't see any parameter for comm. channel. I am getting alert email saying comm channel stopped but no name of the channel. so if the IFLOW has 100 receivers, how do I know which channel is stopped or has issues? For example, if the file sender channel has some issues with connecting to FTP server, all I am getting is the message "error occured while connecting to the FTP server"  but doesn't say which channel it is talking about. this is worse than comm channel stopped because there is no other details to this FTP server issue. So, if there are 1000 FTP channels, we don't have any clue which one is this error for. Makes sense? Any help is appreciated

thx

mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any one pls?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>> AlertRetrieveAPI_V2 call in the mapping. Is it possible like getting the IFLOW_NAME? I

Channel stopped error is something that you get after the mapping execution. So i believe alerts are not being generated by message mapping here.

>>> if the file sender channel has some issues with connecting to FTP server, all I am getting is the message "error occured while connecting to the FTP server"  but doesn't say which channel it is talking about.

We have configured CBMA but i always see the channel name in the alert message for sender FTP timeout/connection/login failures.

We had such issue with the classical (alrtcatdef) alert configuration(no info about channel name).

For some reason if you are not receiving , try the new approach

2088606 - Alerting: email consumer job to support language specific alert emails and custom defined ...

Answers (0)