Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

CRforVS_13_0_12 not working with 64-bit application

I am in the process of migrating 32-bit application to 64-bit.  To make the current Crystal Reports component working with 64-bit, I did the following:

1) Ran the Install Executable of CRforVS_13_0_12 and selected 64-bit at the end of the installation

2) Referenced the required assemblies to the newly installed version 13.0.12.1494 located in “…\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\dotnet\” directory (note that this is weird that nothing can be found under the “win64_x64” folder)

3) Compiled my application in x64 platform (succeeded)

4) Set “Enable 32-Bit Applications” to false for the Application Pools in IIS

5) Running application in 64-bit mode looked fine until I ran the Crystal Report. Exception was thrown during Export():

Exception Type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

ErrorCode: -2147467259

Message: The system cannot find the path specified. TargetSite: System.Object Export(CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.ExportOptions, CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportDefModel.RequestContext)

StackTrace Information

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Controllers.ReportSourceClass.Export(ExportOptions pExportOptions, RequestContext pRequestContext)

at CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.EromReportSourceBase.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext)

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext)

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.Export(ExportRequestContext reqContext)

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Export(ExportOptions options)

Trouble-shooting that I did: 

1) This new version 13.0.12.1494  only works if I compiled my application in AnyCPU platform with “Enable 32-Bit Applications” set to True.

2) Here is the info from the corflags for the assemblies under the win32_x86 folder (e.g. corflags CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.dll), which indicates they are actually 32-bit:

PE: PE32

32BITREQ: 0

32BITPREF: 0

Any ideas of why the exception above was thrown and how this can be resolved?

Many thanks!

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question