Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI Theme Designer, WDA, & HTMLIslands

bryan_cain
Contributor
0 Kudos

I see in the documentation that the UI Theme designer is not compatible with WDA/FPM applications that utilize HTMLIslands.

Does anyone know if that will ever change?  We are about to upgrade and I'd like to use the new theme designer on our primary WDA/FPM application, but mid next year we will be enhancing it with some functionality that will require HTMLIslands.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows.

Bryan

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_uiaddon10/helpdata/en/a1/18094264684230bb6510045b5b5b7c/content.htm

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Carola1
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Bryan,

It's planned for the next year to enable embedded SAPUI5 to be themed with the UI theme designer.

At the moment there are no plans to enable the theming for embedded HTML, but it would be possible, in principle.

Kind regards

Carola

4 REPLIES 4

Carola1
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Bryan,

It's planned for the next year to enable embedded SAPUI5 to be themed with the UI theme designer.

At the moment there are no plans to enable the theming for embedded HTML, but it would be possible, in principle.

Kind regards

Carola

0 Kudos

Hi Carola,

Thank you for your response.

I'm curious, what will happen if I try to theme a WDA/FPM application with embedded HTML?  Will it not let me?  Or will it just theme everything else?

Thanks,

Bryan

Carola1
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Bryan.

If you do so, the theming will be applied to the WDA/FPM application but not to the HTML Islands which are embedded,

Now I'm curious ,:

How do you implement the HTML Islands ? Which toolkit do you use?

Kind regards

Carola

0 Kudos

I haven't actually implemented anything yet.  My questions are theoretical.

Our main application (the one used by the most people for the bulk of their work in my organization) is an SAP Standard WDA/FPM application.  We are in the process of upgrading to ECC EP7 / NW 740 and the new look and feel is very different.  I was thinking we could use the new theme designer to make it a little nicer to look at.  However, we have a major project scheduled for next year that will see us using the enhancement framework to add some HTMLIslands to the application.  In fact, this is our primary reason for upgrading. I didn't want to start going down the path of using the theme designer on this application until I knew how it would handle the next project we are going to do.

Thanks for your answers.